too many signatures a integrity issue ???

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I am doing this as this is the way that I was taught to do it. I will also write "left at office" on info notice.

I actually don't have any deliveries like this on my area but do when I get an add/cut.

I have two student housing complexes (not dorms) where all deliveries go to the office. I don't go to each room. I scan each stop, prerecord, and then use dup res. If I happen to have a pkg for the office I will prerecord it but will use com for the left at, not dup com.

This is the method you should use when you go to each apt. and leave a note. The only difference is you would not use the dup key. You are making a delivery so NI1 has no need to come into play. NI1 is a send again. You brought nothing back.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why would it be two different stops? You make the first attempt at the apt door. NI1, scan notice, complete stop. Bring to office, sheet, dup res, complete stop. One stop.

If you were trained this way you were trained wrong. Scan the package, leave a note, as you are walking to the office hit left at, get signature, put in left at location. No UPS method would have you scanning a package twice for the same stop. Yes, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

This is the method you should use when you go to each apt. and leave a note. The only difference is you would not use the dup key. You are making a delivery so NI1 has no need to come into play. NI1 is a send again. You brought nothing back.

If you were trained this way you were trained wrong. Scan the package, leave a note, as you are walking to the office hit left at, get signature, put in left at location. No UPS method would have you scanning a package twice for the same stop. Yes, I stayed at a Holiday Inn last night.

The only problem with your method is that you are not showing the non-delivery at the apt.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Why do you need to show a non-delivery? If you track the package it will show original address and where the package was delivered. There is no non-delivery.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Why would it be two different stops? You make the first attempt at the apt door. NI1, scan notice, complete stop. Bring to office, sheet, dup res, complete stop. One stop.
The first attempt is when you scan the pkg and delivery notice and then pre-record if no one is home. You don't NI1, becasue you are going to be leaving the pkg at the rental office, not bringing it back for a 2nd attempt the next day.

if you have to go to 6 apts and then the rental rental office how is that not 7 stops?
If there is a pkg for the rental office itself, then you have 7 stops.

The only problem with your method is that you are not showing the non-delivery at the apt.
You are, by leaving the delivery notice which you scan and mark as left at "rental" office. If you NI1 the pkg, don't you have to leave a delivery notice stating NI1? Or are you scanning the delivery notice as NI1 and marking it as left at office? If you do the latter and the customer goes online to track the pkg they will think the pkg was NI1 and will be out for delivery again the next day, whereas if you just scan the delivery notice and pre-record, doing a left at rental office. This will be the information that comes up when the pkg is tracked.

Kramer?

SWORDFISH

But if you make one stop, why would you use the duplicate key? Isn't duplicate for pkgs that have been attempted already that day? Like if you return to Ms. Jones house later in the day to attempt to redeliver her pkg. Or if you find the pkg that was missing from a bulk stop just happened to be sitting close by, but you didn't find it at the first delivery. Maybe you learned this method so long ago that it has changed without you realizing. Ask your center manager to see if it is the current standard for this type of delivery.

STUG I agree w/ you unfortunately my center manager doesnt. Its one of things I dont even want their logic because it doesnt compute to me, so I just say yes sir.

SWORDFISH

So now it's six???

6 is our method. When I first started the way I was trained to use the diad it would have been 12 stops. Just stating the way I was trained.

UPS has not trained me on this other left at stuff and not using NI delivery like others of you guys speak of. I really dont know how to record them now so I just put ni 1 and take the package back to the center for delivery the next day. Doesnt really matter to me. We are debating taking credit for just a few stops or so a day. Very rediculous to me. Stop count padding LOL, come on you gotta be kididng me 5 stops out of 170 total. What did I gain 5 min or so. Would be more of a bid deal if I were bonusing or anyone in my center.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
6 is our method. When I first started the way I was trained to use the diad it would have been 12 stops. Just stating the way I was trained.

UPS has not trained me on this other left at stuff and not using NI delivery like others of you guys speak of. I really dont know how to record them now so I just put ni 1 and take the package back to the center for delivery the next day. Doesnt really matter to me. We are debating taking credit for just a few stops or so a day. Very rediculous to me. Stop count padding LOL, come on you gotta be kididng me 5 stops out of 170 total. What did I gain 5 min or so. Would be more of a bid deal if I were bonusing or anyone in my center.

everything to ups is padding or dishonesty. Its amazing anything gets done at this company with the micromanaging of the micromanagement. If fedex can pay their drivers 25 dollars an hour, work them 8-9 hours a day and have their management treat them with a bit of dignity and respect..AND STILL MAKE A TIDEY PROFIT, ups could do the dame thing. I would drop my wage down to 25 dollars an hour if ups would get rid of the micromanagement and let us service the customer...but they would have to get rid of IE for me to take that wage!

UPSSOCKS

not really just like teamsters even you with your tie too tight have to follow the rules.

We make the rules teamsters have to follow them. We actually have management employees explain the rules to ignorant teamsters so that they don't get confused and then we convince the union that we actually have a management department that is on their side.... (LABOR) And in the end everyone bleeds brown, and no one cares about the union workforce, not even the union.... but they appreciate your dues....

Raw

Raw Member
Steve, there are days when I could have up to 10 different stops for one complex, but since I am not making 10 different attempts, just one, I should only get credit for the one stop, which is to the office. I sheet each stop separately, with the room number, for tracking purposes and use dup res so I don't pull a JS and pad my stop count.

For example, one of our newest college housing complexes is at 59 Broad St. The pkgs are all delivered to the office, which is suite 143, but all come through with their own suite numbers. I will sheet each separately, put the suite number under room number, prerecord each, and then use dup res when I set the DIAD up for the signature. I clarify the signature, hit 5 for office/reception, and 143 for left at location. One stop. Easy breezy lemon squeezy.

The other complex is Renaissance Village. These come addressed as XXX Renaissance Village. Same process as above except the left at location is 201. One stop.

I will admit that I used to take separate stops at RV but it was brought to my attention that if I don't actually attempt it at their door then I shouldn't be taking credit for the stop. This is also why they have added dup com and dup res to the DIAD.
All apartment offices I ever delivered to would only take the pkgs. if a notice was put on the door, in fact UPS methods instruct you leave a notice when leaving pkg. at another location. So first cover your butt by leaving a notice at each apt. as I wouldn`t trust an office worker to do my job, then pre-record if you can`t deliver and leave notice you left in office. The office signature is NOT another stop. :dissapointed:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

All apartment offices I ever delivered to would only take the pkgs. if a notice was put on the door, in fact UPS methods instruct you leave a notice when leaving pkg. at another location. So first cover your butt by leaving a notice at each apt. as I wouldn`t trust an office worker to do my job, then pre-record if you can`t deliver and leave notice you left in office. The office signature is NOT another stop. :dissapointed:

These are not apts--these are suites, four bedrooms with a shared common area. The office manager of both complexes have told me to make all deliveries directly to them and they will then leave notes in the students' mailboxes. For this reason I do not take credit nor leave delivery notices at each apt.

If this were a traditional apartment complex your method would be correct.

Raw

Raw Member
These are not apts--these are suites, four bedrooms with a shared common area. The office manager of both complexes have told me to make all deliveries directly to them and they will then leave notes in the students' mailboxes. For this reason I do not take credit nor leave delivery notices at each apt.

If this were a traditional apartment complex your method would be correct.
It`s only 1 stop no matter how many different units then! :peaceful: