Tool talk

IMG_0472.PNG
What's this called again?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Ethanol will petrify fuel lines and carb diaphragms. Do not use it on small engines unless the manual says you can. There are even warnings given at checkout for new saws in some large stores.
I have a local source for ethonal free fuel.

It's all I use in my small
Engines.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ethanol will petrify fuel lines and carb diaphragms. Do not use it on small engines unless the manual says you can. There are even warnings given at checkout for new saws in some large stores.

The trimmer ran fine into the fall. I think over the winter, with a full tank of gas, the hoses finally gave up and turned into goo.

Like I said, new fuel lines, fresh gas and it's been running like a champ for four years now.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The trimmer ran fine into the fall. I think over the winter, with a full tank of gas, the hoses finally gave up and turned into goo.

Like I said, new fuel lines, fresh gas and it's been running like a champ for four years now.
I always run all of my small engines completely out of fuel before winter.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've seen fuel lines turn to goo even without ethanol. The lines on that blue XL12 had melted and it was last run in 1994. They mostly get hard and break from what I have seen.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Manufacturers of small engines seem to feel that ethanol fuel IS an issue, since they bother to put warnings or notices up on the subject.