Tool talk

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Sad few weeks in the tools world. Some big names that have questionable futures. Apex will no longer produce Allen or Armstrong tools. No word on if they will be sold. Tool company laying off 170 at Midlands plant

Craftsman tools has been sold to Stanley/Black & Decker. No one knows exactly what that means at this point but rarely do these things turn out good. Sears to Sell Craftsman Tool Brand to Stanley Black & Decker

Sad to hear. Wish the newer craftsman stuff was as good as the old stuff.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sad few weeks in the tools world. Some big names that have questionable futures. Apex will no longer produce Allen or Armstrong tools. No word on if they will be sold. Tool company laying off 170 at Midlands plant

Craftsman tools has been sold to Stanley/Black & Decker. No one knows exactly what that means at this point but rarely do these things turn out good. Sears to Sell Craftsman Tool Brand to Stanley Black & Decker

Craftsman has been going downhill for years and if they follow B & D's plan it don't look good for any improvment.

Brownslave688

Craftsman has been going downhill for years and if they follow B & D's plan it don't look good for any improvment.
It'll be very interesting to see. Lots of people are hoping stanly/B&D drop the Blackhawk line of tools and slide craftsman into that slot.

rod

Retired 22 years
True true. I always have a pair of craftsman for my "back up" tools.

Years ago I went to Sears just about every Saturday just to buy whatever tool was on sale that week. Craftsman was "THE" tool to own -------------then Snap-on came along. When my son started using my tools I went to pawnshops and bought him lots of cheap used stuff because he wasn't the best at returning what he used.

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
Years ago I went to Sears just about every Saturday just to buy whatever tool was on sale that week. Craftsman was "THE" tool to own -------------then Snap-on came along. When my son started using my tools I went to pawnshops and bought him lots of cheap used stuff because he wasn't the best at returning what he used.

That's how I am lol. I buy one set of good tools and then a set of cheapys to loan out to buddies or whatever.

rod

Retired 22 years
That's how I am lol. I buy one set of good tools and then a set of cheapys to loan out to buddies or whatever.

I have to laugh. I remember my Dad having us boys sign out any tool we barrowed from him because he got sick of us losing or not returning them. This was after we had married and moved out of the house and needed some special tool we didn't have. Now I have my tools, my Dads tools, my Sons tools and just recently all my Father-in-laws tools. I keep thinking I will have a rummage sale--------------------------------some day.

Brownslave688

I have to laugh. I remember my Dad having us boys sign out any tool we barrowed from him because he got sick of us losing or not returning them. This was after we had married and moved out of the house and needed some special tool we didn't have. Now I have my tools, my Dads tools, my Sons tools and just recently all my Father-in-laws tools. I keep thinking I will have a rummage sale--------------------------------some day.
That's not a bad idea signing out tools that are borrowed.

oldngray

nowhere special
cant_argue_15.jpg

rod

Retired 22 years

Oh--it needs a new valve cap. While we are at it we may as well replace the wheels with custom ones, new tires and just incase it might be out of alignment we will replace the whole front end suspension with new state of the art stuff. Hey - lets thrown in a new crate motor too. (that's because we get the stuff free for mentioning the products name).