Tool talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I work with a guy who uses a DRILL for :censored2:ing everything, including fasteners even though he has an impact driver too. Every time he tightens the chuck down on a driver bit I cringe so hard.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I'm always on the prowl for the best tools for my trade. All this time I've been hesitant to use a razor utility knife because they're typically cheap, Chinese-made, and not very nice. So I've pretty much exclusively stuck with a conventional folding wharncliffe knife, despite some tasks in construction and service being absolute hell on an edge. However, I've recently come across this. It's a folding razor knife made here in the U.S. by a small machine shop called Spectrum Energetics. Everything but the screws is made of titanium and the blades are held in place by set screws so you don't have the play and wobble you typically have with a razor knife. Seems pretty nice. I might have to place an order.

View attachment 294615
Got my custom order in! Looking forward to stripping cable, reaming PVC, cutting duct board, and scoring drywall with it in a couple weeks.