Tool talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Fresh 440s straight from Meadville.

20210414_120427.jpg

sailfish

Hey, I have a suggestion for a replacement... :wink-very:

Sorry, though. It's kinda like losing a friend. Condolences.
I guess it's not too big of a deal. I accidentally did it to one of my other favorites once too. I'll try and restore the point as best as I can on a diamond stone.

sailfish

I didn't figure. Just bustin' your chops.
Didn't restore it to 100% but at least got it to where the point is usable again without having to take off any more material. The rest will sharpen out eventually. Lost an ever so slight amount of length but it is what it is.

1618672384349.png

1618672429292.png

1618672549364.png

sailfish

I can safely say I'm done with nickel-plated hex keys. With small ones like 0.050 the plating chips off too easily and completely :censored2:s up the tolerances.

quad decade guy

Do you guys ultimately buy cheap tools? Like heat guns for example.....Harbor Freight? How about a battery load tester....you can pay big bucks for one if you want to. My 30 yo battery charger is still going strong. However my new digital AutoZone (cheapest they had) trickle charger shuts off automatically and is rated for the latest battery types....$20. How about tube benders or maybe a bandsaw? I can get a multi-function welder for half of any name brand.....and they work just fine for what I do.

In other words...you can equip with just about anything you could need for half and have lot's more. Thanks.