Tool talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
and I would much rather have a good lockback than an over rated switchblade.
Definitely stronger and don't have the reliability issues of an automatic but a little cool-factor never hurt anyone. The OTF would be a lot easier to put away with one hand too.

SRWGVki.jpg

oldngray

nowhere special
Definitely stronger and don't have the reliability issues of an automatic but a little cool-factor never hurt anyone. The OTF would be a lot easier to put away with one hand too.

SRWGVki.jpg

Why not have both?

No reason you can't have an extra knife to play around with.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Just bought one of these to give to my son in law. He now wants the full set!
These are not cheap but I can’t think of a more impressive advancement in tools recently than these. They are awesome

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
What knife is that? Looks like a very handy blade profile?
What's with the glove thumb? It's there and then not? Hope it wasn't cut off 😬
The pics are from a bunch of different times, hence the inconsistency. When the fingertips wear out I just cut then off.

But the knife is a Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 small version with plain scales and a tanto blade shape. It's an excellent blade shape for a work knife. It's a largely misunderstood blade shape though and people will tell you they're only good for stabbing and all kinds of other bull:censored2: when in reality most people are just afraid to use their "good knives" for actual work so they only use them to cut god damn apples and the tanto admittedly isn't the best shape for that so they get mad and think it's useless.

oldngray

nowhere special
The pics are from a bunch of different times, hence the inconsistency. When the fingertips wear out I just cut then off.

But the knife is a Chris Reeve Sebenza 21 small version with plain scales and a tanto blade shape. It's an excellent blade shape for a work knife. It's a largely misunderstood blade shape though and people will tell you they're only good for stabbing and all kinds of other bull:censored2: when in reality most people are just afraid to use their "good knives" for actual work so they only use them to cut god damn apples and the tanto admittedly isn't the best shape for that so they get mad and think it's useless.
Tanto is good for punching through beer cans if nothing else

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Yikes! Looked at the price. +$400.00? I totally feel like the knife is worth that. Good tools cost good money and are a great investment. That said, I don't have specific uses for such a knife. If I did I would likely consider one in that price range.
BTW - I can count the number of HF tools in my shop on one hand and I have a shop that's so full of tools, almost all USA made, it borders on nuts. I LOVE quality tools.