Tool talk

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Yikes! Looked at the price. +$400.00? I totally feel like the knife is worth that. Good tools cost good money and are a great investment. That said, I don't have specific uses for such a knife. If I did I would likely consider one in that price range.
BTW - I can count the number of HF tools in my shop on one hand and I have a shop that's so full of tools, almost all USA made, it borders on nuts. I LOVE quality tools.
They're expensive but well worth it, especially if you know what goes into their design and making. Tighter tolerances than the aerospace industry and can handle anything you throw at them, as I've experienced first hand. Their history is incredibly interesting.

They have two other blade shapes, the drop point and the insingo. So there's something to suit everyone. The 21 model I have was discontinued almost three years ago and the 31 model they make now hasn't come out with the tanto or insingo yet and you can currently only get the drop point version. But their other model, the Inkosi can be had currently with all three blade options available.

Here's what the drop point and insingo look like respectively. The drop point also has the option of Chad Nichols damascus steel.

20211126_130338.jpg

20210831_140313.jpg

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
They're expensive but well worth it, especially if you know what goes into their design and making. Tighter tolerances than the aerospace industry and can handle anything you throw at them, as I've experienced first hand. Their history is incredibly interesting.

They have two other blade shapes, the drop point and the insingo. So there's something to suit everyone. The 21 model I have was discontinued almost three years ago and the 31 model they make now hasn't come out with the tanto or insingo yet and you can currently only get the drop point version. But their other model, the Inkosi can be had currently with all three blade options available.

Here's what the drop point and insingo look like respectively. The drop point also has the option of Chad Nichols damascus steel.

View attachment 368867

View attachment 368868
Damascus is pretty but I doubt that it adds much more than eye appeal.
What I liked most about the knife you posted was that blade profile where it can cut using the front edge.
Are you in Canada? I don't recognize that type of wire jacket?

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Not the BX. The, what I call, Romex.
That's just j-cord. It's not something you would see used to wire a building. It's for more specific applications. Large commercial air handler units use a lot of it inside the unit for running power to different components like motors, ionizers, and control valves.

BlackFriday

Most essential tool in the shop?
There is going to be a lot of debate but, IMO, a big, and heavy, bench vice mounted on a good heavy bench. I use my vice almost every day.

Unrelated - tools we don't use but love owning:
This is a set of old craftsman stainless steel combo wrenches. Once in a while I look at them.
Screenshot_20220123-075831.png

BlackFriday

I used to let my grandkids drill holes in a board with mine when they were little.
Wow! GREAT IDEA! I'm going to get mine out. I've got two litter nose pickers that hang around here from time to time. One 3 & sister is 2. They wear me nerves out so the drill will keep one busy for a while.
View attachment 370656

I dug mine out of the garage
^^^^^^^^^^^^
When I was a little turd of <7-10 I'd entertain myself by hammering nails into a board. Not long after I realized that I was practicing. I really wanted to hit my old man in forehead with the claw end.
I like the swivel handle.
Me too.