Torture

wkmac

What I think is sick is letting people get away with atrocities.

Would you agree we should waterboard the Pope and Vatican Cardinals in order to discover the depth of the known pedophilia among Catholic Priests? Or does sex with children rise to the level of "sick" and atrocious" with you?

If no, seems to me you are a bit inconsistent in your position or you define "sick" and "atrocities" to not apply on the same level depending on the status and station of the persons involved.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Would you agree we should waterboard the Pope and Vatican Cardinals in order to discover the depth of the known pedophilia among Catholic Priests? Or does sex with children rise to the level of "sick" and atrocious" with you?

If no, seems to me you are a bit inconsistent in your position or you define "sick" and "atrocities" to not apply on the same level depending on the status and station of the persons involved.
All crimes deserve punishment....I am not at the helm of the punishment committee.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

"Hell, Alice, it ain't like they was tramps, or loafers or bad men. You know, they were just hard-working boys that was foolish. If they was given over to wickedness in a regular way, then I could understand..."

wkmac

Torture for the masses is blood lust and revenge. Information is irrelevant. It matters not a terror suspect is water boarded just under 200 times with little to no useable intel obtained, the only question is when the next round of 200 water boardings begin.

The only reason Boobus Americanus haven't also started beheading is they've yet to figure out how to do it multiple times for effect!
;)

wkmac

sport and wk, there are sites where you can witness the atrocities you like... it's free... go help yourself... losers....

It is true there are videos of said atrocities, many without videos and no doubt many are horrific actual events but a number of the beheading videos requires the viewer to make assumptions and even suspend critical thinking. Some I've seen have the victim which we can all see their identity but the assailants are all masked and thus we have to assume they are who they say they are. We even have to rely of so-called experts who come out on the news to tell us that what we are seeing is this, this and that and naturally we suspend any questions and accept the assumptions and go forward. We never know the true background of the so-called expert we are shown having a possible connection to the non-government organization who supposedly discovered the video as a result of their own surveillance and intelligence gathering work which raises the question of a circular argument.

We never give pause to all the agendas at play of not only the so-called terrorists, the forces of evil, but also of the so-called forces of good and in each of these agendas, you and I are not intended to benefit. We are only to serve as audience as if watching Plato's cave wall. That and to empty our wallets on command to an ever growing sucking sound from Washington DC to keep the whole thing alive.

Former Military Intelligence Officer Jeff Stein in 2010' wrote a column for the Washington Post discussing the idea of the US creating fake videos for propaganda purposes and ignoring for the moment the obvious humor in some of the ideas, the ultimate purpose was to in effect, project a lie for mass consumption.

Now if one is comfortable with lying in order to achieve an end, such operations would not be opposed and in fact welcomed and seen as benefit. On the other hand, if one can easily lie over this, what stops them from lying again and again and again on other matters that benefit an agenda that may well not be in the interest of the average folk? What happens when you have 2 competing interests who both lie for their agenda? How can the average folk in such a setting benefit? The first step of any tyrant is to get his victim to jettison morality and accept a new paradigm as to what is right and wrong, oddly enough a construct that benefits the tyrants of the world.

Both Saddam and Bin Laden could easily be condemned by the raw truth but what if to use that truth, it might expose others connected to Saddam and Bin Laden who in fact may be behind the telling of the new lie?

Moving along, the recent beheading video of James Foley has raised questions to the point that forensic experts raised doubts that the video could be fake. If one suspends critical thinking and only accepts what is before them as fact based on some "argument by expert" fallacy, seems to me your conclusion is the correct one to reach as that was the intent.

No one is saying these lunatic bastards aren't killing people as clearly they are. Their trails of death and blood are long and brutal. On that point we agree. But what I question is a narrative stacked on top of that which seems to have an intended purpose at a specific time. IMO one can honestly question what one has been told without accepting the narrative that one side has to be bad and therefore this means the other side has to be good and that goes in both directions too. One can and needs to be both a skeptic and a bit agnostic as what we are told about events of the Middle East under the narrative of global terrorism.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Bumper-Sticker-Roswell-NM-Exist.jpg