Torture

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Lmao. You're dumber than I thought if you honestly think Bush or Cheney would ever be arrested, and by Canada? Lol. Those cops with their cute red coats riding their horses would do a great job, eh?

Where Did I say CANADA was going to arrest him? I said that INTERPOL was waiting for Cheney in Canada with the Canadian governments approval. There were going to intercept him at the airport when his plane arrived, and Cheneys people got wind of the impending arrest and diverted the plane back to the United States.

For their remaining walking years, the two cannot travel to Europe or any other country that INTERPOL has jurisdiction in.

I hope they test the waters and get themselves arrested. I would applaud it.

TOS.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sportello

What facts? Prove your claim.
How do you prove a false claim? Did a 9-11 victim ever ask for us to torture people? Did Condi Rice refuse to attend a meeting in Europe prior to 9-11 because she was afraid an airliner would be used as a weapon? Where would she get an idea like that?

oldngray

nowhere special
How do you prove a false claim? Did a 9-11 victim ever ask for us to torture people? Did Condi Rice refuse to attend a meeting in Europe prior to 9-11 because she was afraid an airliner would be used as a weapon? Where would she get an idea like that?

You claimed torture caused more deaths. Which means you were claiming a definite number. Obviously you can't.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll

Bush and Cheney told her about it before THEIR people hijacked the 4 planes and killed thousands of people.

Conspiracy Theorists

Last edited by a moderator:

wkmac

As a former professional interviewer with the FBI, I know what works and doesn’t. Torture is not an effective way to get information, and the American people need to know that. That’s why the Senate Intelligence Committee report on CIA interrogation and detention after 9/11 is important.

The executive summary of the report, written after reviewing hundreds of thousands of the CIA’s internal documents, shows that torture was more brutal and much less fruitful than the CIA claimed. In fact, the committee concluded that all the claims about the value of intelligence gained from “enhanced” interrogation—including the claim that it helped the U.S. find Usama bin Laden—are overstated or just plain false.

For these reasons, in October, I joined 22 other security, interrogation and interviewing experts to issue a statement of principles in opposition to using torture. Not only is torture less reliable, illegal and immoral, we write, but it also makes our nation less safe.

When we are not using effective and legal interviewing tactics, we miss information that may be vital to our nation’s safety. In using torture, we also encourage other nations and actors (including terrorist groups) to emulate our illegal actions, effectively lowering the bar for the rest of the world, and allow them to use U.S. torture as a recruiting tool.

Why CIA interrogations report matters: Torture doesn't work and Americans need to know

moreluck

golden ticket member
8zi4ar.jpg

Babagounj

Strength through joy
In 2008 two British officers were brought up on charges relating to torturing prisoners; one had shouted loudly near a prisoner's ear possibly injuring his ear drum and the other for allowing a piece of paper to touch the prisoner's nose .
Both of these prisoners were responsible for killing 4 French soldiers by beheading .

542thruNthru

Hate to get into this thread but.....

I couldn't care less that we tortured suspected terrorist. Hell I'll hold the water next time. Interpol can wait for me at the airports.

Oh and I guess we should outlaw water now too hu TOS?.

Sportello

Well get used to it. Because I am the average american. Don't care about left or right, blue or red.

And yes after reading that. I'll still hold the water.
If you are average, I'm proud to be above average. America was not built on average, but is slowly sinking to that.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hate to get into this thread but.....

I couldn't care less that we tortured suspected terrorist. Hell I'll hold the water next time. Interpol can wait for me at the airports.

Oh and I guess we should outlaw water now too hu TOS?.

This is the very reason "WE" shouldnt torture anyone. People like this would approve of "kidnapping" innocent persons, holding them for years without charges ( thanks to Bush taking Habeus Corpus out of the constitution, something Hitler did in WWII with the "enabling act of 1933)

Placing those innocent persons into black sites around the world, torturing them days on end, then discovering nothing, only to let them go without a single charge after years of imprisonment.

Its this kind of stupidity that keeps americans from being respected around the world.

542, its clear you dont have any humanity in your conscience when you support the torturing of persons illegally grabbed in countries where "We" were not fighting and sent to prisons around the world to be mistreated and tortured for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

People like you complain about 9/11, beheadings and such, yet, stay quiet when it comes to the hundreds of charges filed against our own soldiers for war crimes that include the raping of iraqi children, the murder of iraqi children, the raping of iraqi and afghanistan women, the murder of the same, the sodomy of young iraqi men and there eventual murders, the robberies of iraqi people and shooting of innocent civilians in both countries.

You complain about heheadings, but our own troops have been acting like animals in both countries and the crimes committed by our own soldiers make those beheadings look like a "tea party".

Innocent persons should never be tortured, no matter what. This country made an agreement with the world to prevent torture and we have an obligation to honor that agreement.

BUSH and his administration had NO LEGAL authority to order torture given the law and agreement with the Geneva Convention, and no rationale can get around it.

TOS.

542thruNthru

TOS please look at sportellos post. You see how he didn't need 6000 characters to try and put me down. Try and take a page out of his book and stop the long winded speeches.

TOS no where did I say I am ok when American soldiers rape people or anything like that... so you could have cut out half your rant right there. Also I just said I'm not right or left. I'm not moreluck. I don't worship republicans or you and worship democrats so you don't have to throw into your rant another "bush ruined the world" lines ok.

I could sit here and tell you what else you said was complete horse crap but lets be honest you know and I know you will just pick out things you don't like and write another novel about stuff I didn't even say.

Well like I said I didn't wanna get into this argument. Just wanted to say.. I could care less about SUSPECTED terrorist being tortured.