Torture

Rainman

Its all good.
Still no viable alternative has been offered by either TOS or Sportello, so I guess we just lay down and let them kill Americans whenever they want. Come on guys, this is not the BOG, this is the real world. These murderers will continue to kill, rape, and intimidate until stopped. So how many of our citizens, family members, friends, ect will die before we stop them?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Still no viable alternative has been offered by either TOS or Sportello, so I guess we just lay down and let them kill Americans whenever they want. Come on guys, this is not the BOG, this is the real world. These murderers will continue to kill, rape, and intimidate until stopped. So how many of our citizens, family members, friends, ect will die before we stop them?
The report released by the senate select committee on Intelligence concluded the CIA's torture program didn't result in any new actionable intelligence.
The obvious viable alternative is to not do it and replace it with nothing.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The report released by the senate select committee on Intelligence concluded the CIA's torture program didn't result in any new actionable intelligence.
The obvious viable alternative is to not do it and replace it with nothing.

What do they base that on? It's not like you can know what information they would have coughed up had they not been rectally fed :D

Babagounj

Strength through joy
That released report was a selected report .
They kept the good stuff they wanted and junked the rest .
Typical dimocrat move , keep everything aimed away from themselves and pointed at their imaginary enemies .

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Thank you for admitting you didn't bother to even read a summary of the report.

Hey buddy, I've been working 55 hours + the last few weeks, I didn't have time didn't feel the need to read a report from a congress with almost the lowest approval numbers in the history of numbers.

I'm done arguing this. Torture and execute them all, screw their "feelings". Starve them to death for all I care.

- Out

Babagounj

Strength through joy
The people out there wanting to kill us respect others that show power .
Those that show weakness are only going to get themselves killed .

trickpony1

It astounds me that some of the people posting in this thread seem to live in a world of butterflies and lollipops, picnic baskets and blankets and rifles that shoot ping pong balls.

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you.". Completely void of any reality, reason and logic.

Bad wars, good warriors.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It astounds me that some of the people posting in this thread seem to live in a world of butterflies and lollipops, picnic baskets and blankets and rifles that shoot ping pong balls.

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and "do unto others as you would have them do unto you.". Completely void of any reality, reason and logic.

Bad wars, good warriors.
It astounds me that you think being opposed to torture is living in a world of butterflies and lollipops. It also astounds me that you consider the teachings of Jesus to be completely void of any reality, reason and logic.

Sportello

Pretty sure we've killed a lot more of them, than they've killed of us. How's that working, so far? What does that have to do with the fact that we've tortured people? Aren't we supposed to be better than that?
Compare the teachings of Jesus to the teachings of Allah and Mullhomed(sp?).

Let us know how that works out.

What does that have to do with the fact that we, as a country, have tortured people? Once again, aren't we supposed to be better than that?

Bad wars, a few really bad warriors.

Rainman

Its all good.
Pretty sure we've killed a lot more of them, than they've killed of us. How's that working, so far? What does that have to do with the fact that we've tortured people? Aren't we supposed to be better than that?

What does that have to do with the fact that we, as a country, have tortured people? Once again, aren't we supposed to be better than that?

Bad wars, a few really bad warriors.
Study history. All nations have practiced torture of some kind ( and probably still do behind the scenes). You do what you need to do to protect your people. It's not pretty, it's not nice, it's not what most people would call humane. But of it helps protect my family from murdering monsters then I have I problem with it. Keep in my that these are the same people who would kidnap, rape, and murder your wife, sisters, and daughters. They lay the groundwork for the rules, so we play by their rules.

Sportello

Study history. All nations have practiced torture of some kind ( and probably still do behind the scenes). You do what you need to do to protect your people. It's not pretty, it's not nice, it's not what most people would call humane. But of it helps protect my family from murdering monsters then I have I problem with it. Keep in my that these are the same people who would kidnap, rape, and murder your wife, sisters, and daughters. They lay the groundwork for the rules, so we play by their rules.
History tells me that people have been executed by courts of law for torture. History tells me that torture is banned. Torture did not save one American life, and may have caused many American deaths.

We don't play by their rules, because that makes us less than human.

I wonder how many here would have an opposite opinion if the current administration was being accused of war crimes by the Bush/Cheney administration. I'm pretty sure they would be screaming at the top of their lungs that the Kenyan, Muslin, Communist, emperor be hanged from the portico of the White House.

Rainman

Its all good.
History tells me that people have been executed by courts of law for torture. History tells me that torture is banned. Torture did not save one American life, and may have caused many American deaths.

We don't play by their rules, because that makes us less than human.

I wonder how many here would have an opposite opinion if the current administration was being accused of war crimes by the Bush/Cheney administration. I'm pretty sure they would be screaming at the top of their lungs that the Kenyan, Muslin, Communist, emperor be hanged from the portico of the White House.
As far as the effectiveness of enhanced interrogation techniques, just ask the Israelis.
As far as it causing additional American deaths, I doubt it. These people already hate us and torturing a few prisoners isn't likely to change that.
As far as making us less than human, you may have a point there.
As for people favoring the previous administration over the present, there are plenty of people on both sides of that argument, and I think Obama has it easier in the court if public opinion than bush because of the liberal media. Personally, I feel that both dems and pubs are scum.