Total Service Plan (TSP)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Legit saw a write up our dispatch sup had to do for drivers filing 9.5. His exact words were that he continued to over dispatch certain drivers because they didn’t file on 9.5. He did not think that X would file because he hasn’t before. People that don’t speak up get :censored2: on.

I'm glad some people understand what I'm talking about.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
How you read this says a lot about you.

428234_jd78vnsfxtxlh44.jpeg

qdg2

Nobody wants to work so much that they drop from exhaustion, or are unable to meaningfully participate in their personal lives.
Serious question: Instead of trying to change the business model......and really UPS's business(their's to dictate)......why not get some other job....some other place? 8 billion people don't work at UPS.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Serious question: Instead of trying to change the business model......and really UPS's business(their's to dictate)......why not get some other job....some other place? 8 billion people don't work at UPS.

Y4S.gif

How can that possibly be a serious question? Who said anything about changing their business model? They have literally already agreed to limit over time, by contract, and they refuse to do it. I think everyone should expect them to honor their contracts. Imagine how customers would feel if ups treated their contract like they do ours.

So, real serious question, why take a union job with negotiated pay, benefits and working conditions if you think the company has the unilateral right to change them any time they want? There's thousands of companies out there that actually have that right. Why don't you go work for them?

Thebrownblob

Serious question,

Should we have for gone negotiated raises, negotiated pension, negotiated work rules, negotiated vacations, negotiated healthcare and just work somewhere else as well?

And I say this as a person who doesn’t mind getting some hours.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
View attachment 400579

How can that possibly be a serious question? Who said anything about changing their business model? They have literally already agreed to limit over time, by contract, and they refuse to do it. I think everyone should expect them to honor their contracts. Imagine how customers would feel if ups treated their contract like they do ours.

So, real serious question, why take a union job with negotiated pay, benefits and working conditions if you think the company has the unilateral right to change them any time they want? There's thousands of companies out there that actually have that right. Why don't you go work for them?
D9B68831-C6CB-4871-B96F-6BC4410D0732.gif

qdg2

View attachment 400579

Why don't you leave? I'm satisfied....I (generally) work within the system and don't have a lot of serious complaints(except safety). Could it be better? You bet.

Yes, there are agreements in place and remedies for discrepancies. Lucrative compensation.

What's interesting(really).......is the phrase "to conduct business and prevent service failures as needed".
Now, is that phrase abused? You bet. Become standard practice.....you bet.

And yes, you would be changing their business model.

Is it not part of the contract for remedies?

The problem seems to be on our end(the Union).....as in creating a climate where the Co. would be less inclined for such discrepancies....seems to me.

qdg2

Serious question,

Should we have for gone negotiated raises, negotiated pension, negotiated work rules, negotiated vacations, negotiated healthcare and just work somewhere else as well?

And I say this as a person who doesn’t mind getting some hours.
You have that option.

The company has operated "this way" for my 40+ years. True, covid has changed things a bit.

The company will have to adopt new practices and so will the union. To survive.

All of those negotiated whatevers are still in place with remedies for discrepancies(negotiated as well).

I had excessive overtime in pkg 20 years ago and worked in the heat(no a/c) and bottled water(as we know it today) didn't exist.

We are going to have to work Sat and eventually Sun. We already do in feeders.

Thebrownblob

You have that option.

The company has operated "this way" for my 40+ years. True, covid has changed things a bit.

The company will have to adopt new practices and so will the union. To survive.

All of those negotiated whatevers are still in place with remedies for discrepancies(negotiated as well).

I had excessive overtime in pkg 20 years ago and worked in the heat(no a/c) and bottled water(as we know it today) didn't exist.

We are going to have to work Sat and eventually Sun. We already do in feeders.
Actually the company did not operate this way as far back as 20 years ago, working 12 hours was very rare. Honestly as a cover driver with no Edd, no GPS, no cell phone and No Orion, I scantly remember working more than 10 unless it was peak. And definitely not forced a sixth day The point is we negotiate work rules and benefits and just because you or I Don’t necessarily want the hours reduction or air conditioning if the majority do, that’s what will be pushed. Doesn’t mean we’ll get it all at once but eventually over time we do. Remember that one time there was never a 9.5. And even that has evolved. and most likely will again this contract. I don’t know if Sundays will ever happen but I do now The biggest problem we have on Saturday is not enough staffing. Hire more people would be a easy way to reduce hours.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Why don't you leave?
Because I don't have to.

I'm satisfied....I (generally) work within the system and don't have a lot of serious complaints(except safety). Could it be better? You bet.
With your "roll over and take it" attitude, nothing will get better. In fact it continues to get worse, and you still roll over and take it.

Yes, there are agreements in place and remedies for discrepancies. Lucrative compensation.
Yeah, but the intent was not to put more money in our pocket. If people want to do that, kudos. The intent was to prevent the company from eliminating our personal lives.

What's interesting(really).......is the phrase "to conduct business and prevent service failures as needed".
Now, is that phrase abused? You bet. Become standard practice.....you bet.
Because people with roll over and take it attitudes.

And yes, you would be changing their business model.
Nope. It's the model they agreed to. I realize you have no respect for binding contracts, but I do. I simply expect them to live up to their agreement, and you think I should leave? That's insane.

Is it not part of the contract for remedies?

The problem seems to be on our end(the Union).....as in creating a climate where the Co. would be less inclined for such discrepancies....seems to me.
You are the union bud. It's your attitude that enables the company to get away with it. And you want the people who would try to fix it to leave. That's insane.