Total Service Plan (TSP)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
orion is just a miles reduction calculator at its heart; you can adjust how aggressive you want it to be using parameters

every bad solution i've ever seen was either caused by a :censored2: map or :censored2: parameters, both are the PDS fault

My terrible solutions are a direct result of the inappropriately low time allowances on my route. The system says It's a 6 hour dispatch, but It's 10 hours of work, Orion can't figure out how to do all the stops efficiently. It gets worse the more stops they give me. The miles just keep going up, up, up.

Thebrownblob

Call in how much easier could it be
Yes you can think it would be but these New generation of people do not seem to be able to handle pressure they are constantly freaking out about their attendance record and how much they’re being harassed. You and I would just ignore it they don’t seem to be able to, many of them anyway. UPS has a huge problem of thinking this job is like it was 20 years ago where people would stay in their whole career and they could treat them however they wanted. It’s not that way anymore

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Ever since Saturday delivery 🤬 hit the fan…
No one wants to work Saturdays.

🧔‍♂️✊

But we can't just make a part time classification for weekend driver, which would solve all the problems. Instead, we'll let the company own our entire lives until we all get fed up and quit. That sounds like a great plan to me. Pretty sure that's the company's plan. Remember when people used to talk about the company looking for reasons to fire full scale employees, and they were laughed at? Now they don't even have to do that. They've made the job so awful that people just quit on their own. Those bastards are going to have to fire me, I'm never going to roll over and give them what they want.

Last edited:
But we can't just make a part time classification for weekend driver, which would solve all the problems. Instead, we'll let the company own our entire lives until we all get fed up and quit. That sounds like a great plan to me. Pretty sure that's the companies plan. Remember when people used to talk about the company looking for reasons to fire full scale employees, and they were laughed at? Now they don't even have to do that. They've made the job so awful that people just quit on their own. Those bastards are going to have to fire me, I'm never going to roll over and give them what they want.
Part-time drivers is not an option

You seen how they already abused the 22.4 drivers

If you give them a cheaper option they will give those part-timers as much work as they can and pull away from the full-time drivers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If you give them a cheaper option they will give those part-timers as much work as they can and pull away from the full-time drivers
The solution in my mind is simple
Low seniority folks gonna have to work Tuesday thru Saturday until they have enough seniority to bid a monday-Friday job
Sorry low seniority squids you’ll have some one day Gonna have to suck it up until them

Low seniority folks gonna have to work Tuesday thru Saturday until they have enough seniority to bid a monday-Friday job
Sorry low seniority squids you’ll have some one day Gonna have to suck it up until them
Yes that sounds like a simple solution but there's a lot more to this problem than that

They are advancing so much of Monday's work to Saturday it's got the whole system screwed up.

We have way more Saturday rocks and we do 22.4 drivers and we have way less Monday routes then we do rpcd drivers

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Yes that sounds like a simple solution but there's a lot more to this problem than that

They are advancing so much of Monday's work to Saturday it's got the whole system screwed up.

We have way more Saturday rocks and we do 22.4 drivers and we have way less Monday routes then we do rpcd drivers
Seems like something that could be negotiated, The language would need to be rock solid. Because you know ups will try to bastardize it like they do most everything else

Seems like something that could be negotiated, The language would need to be rock solid. Because you know ups will try to bastardize it like they do most everything else
We have all kind of grievances filed on that but of course the company finds ways to keep dancing around it.

The new contract is only year away...

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

But they're abusing all of us anyway. The trick is to make the part time job just as costly as the full time. Make everything about the classification cost enough that the only way the company saves money is to minimize OT. Hell, we can negotiate to make it a nominal FT designation for all benefits except for a guarantee for 40 hours. Anything's possible if you have the creativity to make it happen. Any weekend guys could be available for work during the week, with two guaranteed days off, the ones who only want weekend work wouldn't have to work any extra if they don't want. This would allow the guys close to retirement or anyone else who doesn't want to work 60 hours a week, to not mess with their pension credits and benefits.

But they're abusing all of us anyway. The trick is to make the part time job just as costly as the full time. Make everything about the classification cost enough that the only way the company saves money is to minimize OT. Hell, we can negotiate to make it a nominal FT designation for all benefits except for a guarantee for 40 hours. Anything's possible if you have the creativity to make it happen. Any weekend guys could be available for work during the week, with two guaranteed days off, the ones who only want weekend work wouldn't have to work any extra if they don't want. This would allow the guys close to retirement or anyone else who doesn't want to work 60 hours a week, to not mess with their pension credits and benefits.
You can pay this part-timers top rate but they're still not going to put that money into the pension plan.

What we need is it a well-staffed operation and evenly spread out paid days.

Pullman Brown

That won’t fix the problem it will just relocate the problem to forced six day now on Monday because you have moved your RPCD’s around. Unless somebody can convince me otherwise this is the new business model. Better not bigger as it’s playing out is not just about more profitable accounts but using your labor better ie.. six days.

Like I said before, to not force based on the amount of Saturday routes our building has we would need over 100 RPCD new jobs to match the 25 percent ratio to 22.4’s and that is not taking in to consideration FMLA, sick, etc.. and what if drivers want to volunteer. Side note: Business Agent is not willing to waive 25 percent rule.

Which leads me to my last point. Unless the national says NO SIX PUNCH OUTSIDE OF PEAK (supplements can do whatever they want with outside peak ) nothing will change minus language that causes a huge economic lost beyond what there comfortable with. I don’t believe this company is losing money on Saturday. They might not be making as much money but there not losing money! If the company actually allows the number of jobs to cover the whole operation than great but it might take a strike and I just can’t see it happening without a trade for something else.

Last edited:

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
You can pay this part-timers top rate but they're still not going to put that money into the pension plan.
Why not? That's what negotiations are for.

What we need is it a well-staffed operation and evenly spread out paid days.
But you can't do it with the scheduling concessions the company will suggest instead of weekend drivers. The T-S guys will get pissed, the Wed-Sun or Sun-Thurs guys will get pissed, they'll quit, the rest of us will keep working 60 hrs, and we'll quit or get injured. It's a lose, lose, lose proposition. Might as well lose the least possible.