Total Service Plan (TSP)

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
I want the orion computer to demonstrate to me how to run my route, especially when my manifest decides to update 15 to 25 times a day. Maybe it can explain to my bosses why Im 30 or 40 miles over my solution because of the "decisions" it decides to make.
its just a calculator; if you don't like the solution, the PDS can change the inputs

you have a bad PDS

Pullman Brown

Let’s start TSP the week of prime week and max vacation weeks in the calendar year. Like I said, some areas/centers that are properly staffed and don’t have 25 percent of there trucks red tagged it might work…..otherwise not happening!

Thebrownblob

I believe ourTSP was supposed to start this week. Instead nothing was said about it. And we had two drivers quit, and we were already down drivers. They have numerous routes sitting every Saturday because they’re do not have enough Saturday drivers and they try to force everyone and they don’t show up. It’s a complete :censored2: show never seen anything like it. 😂

I believe ourTSP was supposed to start this week. Instead nothing was said about it. And we had two drivers quit, and we were already down drivers. They have numerous routes sitting every Saturday because they’re do not have enough Saturday drivers and they try to force everyone and they don’t show up. It’s a complete :censored2: show never seen anything like it. 😂
You are on call today

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
the sane dispatches were last week. This week was the wringer. Not a single word about TSP, they know better than to bring it up here, most PCMs are already mock-theatre.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
orion is just a miles reduction calculator at its heart; you can adjust how aggressive you want it to be using parameters

every bad solution i've ever seen was either caused by a :censored2: map or :censored2: parameters, both are the PDS fault

You are almost correct, there are a couple of other factors that figure in.

The true problem is that there is not enough time for the PDS to do all the things required for a successful dispatch everyday. Yes they may fix it in one plan for one day, but it does not carry over into any other plans, you then have to copy it into every plan to make it work.

Lets not forget when you add or move an area from a route it changes Orion solution (sometimes) and you would have to either leave the parameters the same or change them. Last but not least..dynamic Orion....and you know what happens after that.

Enjoy your weekend.

Thebrownblob

You are almost correct, there are a couple of other factors that figure in.

The true problem is that there is not enough time for the PDS to do all the things required for a successful dispatch everyday. Yes they may fix it in one plan for one day, but it does not carry over into any other plans, you then have to copy it into every plan to make it work.

Lets not forget when you add or move an area from a route it changes Orion solution (sometimes) and you would have to either leave the parameters the same or change them. Last but not least..dynamic Orion....and you know what happens after that.

Enjoy your weekend.
Good info. Although I would remind you that it’s very difficult for Many to enjoy the weekend when they do not have one or are threatened with discipline because they will not make it for a sixth punch. Weekends are destroying this company.

Thebrownblob

What do you mean? Not being able to have enough drivers show up to run routes and when they do the company loses money in the process. Thought that was the plan all along since that is all it's ever been.
I’m not sure they planned on losing drivers the way they are. And this rate we will not being close to Staffing for peak