Toys r us

yeldarb

This is to anyone with "Toys R Us" on their route...I have one opening up on my route, and do they typically get very much? Do they get enough to designate a spot on my truck for it, or is it a 1-5 piece delivery typically?

trickpony1

I don't know about typical daily volume but I heard they may start carrying the new UPS toy just in time for Christmas.
It's a replica of a UPS feeder pulling double trailers.
It's called "Buster Brown".......you wind it up and it goes ten feet and then jackknifes.

Am I funny or what?

Stran

Holy Toledo
I have a Toys-r-us on my route. They have a 12:00 commit time and generally get 5-10 packages a day. My store requests I load them in a shopping cart. They have an inside delivery room on my route. I have used the dock at Christmas when they can get upwards of 50 pieces. Because of the early commit time I have a floor spot designated for them. Hope that helps!!!

I don't know about typical daily volume but I heard they may start carrying the new UPS toy just in time for Christmas.
It's called "Buster Brown".......you wind it up and it goes ten feet and then jackknifes.

Am I funny or what?

I don`t think you even qualify for the "or what" part.

P

pickup

It's called "Buster Brown".......you wind it up and it goes ten feet and then[-]jackknifes[/-] parks in front of the Dunkin donuts.

Am I funny or what?
Now you are .

yeldarb

I am fortunate in the fact that my route has been growing alot. There is nothing on my route that was there before 2005, and now its a 10 hour day.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I have a Toys-r-us on my route. They have a 12:00 commit time and generally get 5-10 packages a day. My store requests I load them in a shopping cart. They have an inside delivery room on my route. I have used the dock at Christmas when they can get upwards of 50 pieces. Because of the early commit time I have a floor spot designated for them. Hope that helps!!!
+1, except my TRU wants all deliveries in the front door, even during peak. I've gone through several receiver's, so I pretty much set the tone for how it gets delivered. I pull up out front and give the old shave and a haircut honk, which tells the front desk to call the receiver. I unload all of the pkgs into or onto a shopping cart or run inside and ask the receiver to bring several U-Boats if they have a huge amount of pkgs. The store manager wanted the receiver to count all of the pkgs as I scanned them, but that was the flavor of the month. Now I scan as I unload into the cart, bring em inside, receiver asks how many, signs and puts number next to their signature and store number, then I leave. 12:00 commit is a bit awkward, but I do what needs to be done.

cino321

12:00 PM Commit. I've delivered anywhere from 10 to 90 pieces there, especially during peak. They get weird packages, nothing consistent. Sometimes they're heavy, sometimes they're bulky, and sometimes they're small.

I have never been inside the store, I use their loading dock. That's what it's there for.

Since the store is opening up, you have to train them now. Don't bring anything inside for them you are not a stock boy. Worst case scenario no further than 3 feet into the door. Hopefully they have a loading dock and it'll be nice and smooth. If not prepare to battle with them and your center manager. :)

Remember there is plenty of opportunity for negotiating your way out of carrying packages into the store, we all know UPS loves to cater to the national accounts and try to make the drivers do all kinds of things we'd never to for anyone else. I would start off by saying that's it's too dangerous to be humping packages in a store filled with children, and in all reality, it's true. Safety is your friend.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
12:00 PM Commit. I've delivered anywhere from 10 to 90 pieces there, especially during peak. They get weird packages, nothing consistent. Sometimes they're heavy, sometimes they're bulky, and sometimes they're small.

I have never been inside the store, I use their loading dock. That's what it's there for.

Since the store is opening up, you have to train them now. Don't bring anything inside for them you are not a stock boy. Worst case scenario no further than 3 feet into the door. Hopefully they have a loading dock and it'll be nice and smooth. If not prepare to battle with them and your center manager. :)

Remember there is plenty of opportunity for negotiating your way out of carrying packages into the store, we all know UPS loves to cater to the national accounts and try to make the drivers do all kinds of things we'd never to for anyone else. I would start off by saying that's it's too dangerous to be humping packages in a store filled with children, and in all reality, it's true. Safety is your friend.
That's all well and good, in the "big city":happy2:, but down here it's a bit different. Everyone delivers to the front door. I think they do this because of their LP, but am not sure. It's not as bad as it sounds. Most of the time I'm unloading the pkgs into a shopping cart when the receiver comes out, and only have to get a signature, at that point, and leave.

cino321

That's all well and good, in the "big city":happy2:, but down here it's a bit different. Everyone delivers to the front door. I think they do this because of their LP, but am not sure. It's not as bad as it sounds. Most of the time I'm unloading the pkgs into a shopping cart when the receiver comes out, and only have to get a signature, at that point, and leave.

The front door thing is fine, one can deal with that. But carrying packages through a store, especially one with all those kids in it, is asking for trouble.

over9five

Staff member
twd.jpg