Traction boards

Mr Mcfeely

Shpeedy Delivery!
This is my dream ride.
gallery-climb-mountains-8.jpg

over9five

Staff member
Also, if you're talking about those little plastic traction mats, those things are worthless.
I was just talking to someone the other day.. Some Maine driver makes them, but they're very professional with large spikes on one side.
Anyone know this Mainer?

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
Just park a snowmobile on route. Problem solved

There is a customer who parks one at the end of the 2 mile driveway for us to use so he can get his stuff. Its actually faster to use than driving the package car up the narrow, winding drive even in good weather.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Have you heard of trac grabbers? I'm not trying to spam, so you can google it, see what you think. I had considered buying some for my personal vehicle, then throwing them into the package car for really bad days, just in case, but I'm too cheap.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Never said it would work but it's worth a shot, never use traction strips or chains up in MN. If you think your going to get stuck EC and move on.
We need chains to drive around in town here. Not one driver goes out without chains on or else they will more than likely be stuck. Our side streets are a joke, I almost get stuck even with chains on because our city doesn't plow worth a damn.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
No just a piece of plastic with bumps on one side

Damn! Ours had big teeth on the bottom side, and smaller teeth on the tire side. And, our mechanic put about seven feet of cable on each with a clip to attach to the bumper.

As long as you didn't bury yourself, they worked really well. Once you got moving, you could drive down the road until you could stop safely to unclip them.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Damn! Ours had big teeth on the bottom side, and smaller teeth on the tire side. And, our mechanic put about seven feet of cable on each with a clip to attach to the bumper.

As long as you didn't bury yourself, they worked really well. Once you got moving, you could drive down the road until you could stop safely to unclip them.

Mine were use once and never see again

Could see them in the mirror sometimes as they came flying out