Traction boards

WTFm8

We have something similar to these for most package cars but they’re chains instead of straps. I delivered in 7” the other week with 2 on outer wheels. Always make sure you don’t put through hole that valve stem is in or it’ll tear it out.
89C775BC-2073-4572-8D9A-DB70FE565DDA.jpeg

One of the mechanics ordered a bunch of cable chains like these a few months ago... came in and they’re 6-8” to short to fit hahaha.
88657079-10C9-4F3A-B1D3-05C892616088.jpeg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I was born with two hands, two feet, gloves, sturdy upper leather shoes, razors and deodorant. You must be very special to have had chains and traction boards included with yours.
Yes cosmo1 that is a recipe for disaster. I have asked management and the mech. I get nothing but blank looks from management and grief from the mechanic. I might be buying my own chains as well. I offered to buy the tires for my pc as well to the center manager.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
And more fun I bet.
They are but not so much when you are dressed like a UPS guy and not an X games snowmobiler. The path for the snowmobile is a lot shorter than the driveway path so you only have to endure the cold and snow dusting for a short time.

clean hairy

Just deliver the way upstate did.
Use a dogsled or a hovercraft.
How else do you think he got everything delivered in 8 hours in the worst blizzards?

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Ugh, my tires were close to bald during the last 3 snowstorm s...

I'm going to make these:

And put them under/ behind the passenger seat of my box truck

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Yes cosmo1 that is a recipe for disaster. I have asked management and the mech. I get nothing but blank looks from management and grief from the mechanic. I might be buying my own chains as well. I offered to buy the tires for my pc as well to the center manager.
Not your problem man. Why in the world would you spend your own money?

LarryBird

I do not use chains out of principle. I have a simple rule of thumb, if it's a place where chains were needed to reasonably make a delivery, that is not a delivery I should be attempting, and tomorrow is another day. If the area itself is so bad, that I need chains to get around on the roads everywhere on route. I shut it down, limp the truck back to the building, and punch the fuggout.

With the amount of driveways and properties I enter on my rural route, the usage of the chains dramatically increases my chance for a property damage accident, and it's not a chance I'm willing to take for a package. The only thing I'll go out of my way to deliver, within reason, is medicine, and not just any medication, but the next day or critical care meds, that I know are urgent. All other packages are treated like they're the nonsense, that they usually are, and EC'd for another time and/or place.

Snow days are the best sometimes - no pressure, late start and early quit, EC the chasers, pickups in trace, etc.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I ever felt like I couldn't get down a road without putting chains on then I just didn't go down that road. One of my first winters in delivery I got a stuck a couple times trying to get stuff delivered out in the country and my supervisor told me the next time I got stuck he was going to charge me with an accident. I brought back a lot of packages but I never got stuck again.

I don’t mind using the irons. What I hate is when I have to run them on the bare highway for a mile or more.

LarryBird

I don’t mind using the irons.
Sometimes it's simply the better decision for your game - a lot of guys can't set aside their ego and leave the driver in the bag, but if you can't hit it, gotta bust out them irons and play to your strengths. Pro tip.

190 yards straight down the fairway beats 250 yards and in the deep rough.

Re-Raise

13DA6775-F071-4F0D-A873-4A279A9333D5.jpeg

My tires were completely bald about a month ago. After getting stuck on an ice cube, I asked the mechanic to put new drive tires on. The next day I had these. Made a world of difference.