Tractor trailer accident PA 5 dead

DriverNerd

That aerial photo looks awful. It was two UPS trucks, a bus, and Fedex truck. Search Pennsylvania turnpike crash on google maps and you get a better idea of the accident. No idea what happened, but if 5 people died and 60 went to the hospital that's a horrific crash.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
RIP to those affected.

That's horrible especially when there's no snow/ice yet this winter season... I hear of crashes along that state & the Nj corridor to NYC every year

OVERBOARD

Don't believe everything you think
Prayers for all involved and hoping for the best for our fellow brethren.
B2DC0C56-60B2-43D8-B389-FF77BB0FDBC6.jpeg

over9five

Staff member
I know nothing about this particular accident, but it has always bothered me how FAST those tour buses go.
They speed all the time, and the cops do nothing. How many times have you had them blow by you in the left lane?

Star B

White Lightening
They speed all the time, and the cops do nothing. How many times have you had them blow by you in the left lane?
I remember being on a greyhound-chartered bus (not Jefferson lines) going across the dakotas and the driver was doing at least 85 overnight. I heard the bus pretty much maxed out and we were passing people left and right and the interior lights kept clicking on and off due to the driver signaling to the truckers.

ManInBrown

Could also be coyotes pulling our loads. The locals in PA that i know are weak AF. Coyotes year round, the one picture i Saw there is no shield on the sleeper tractor

OrioN

I read the temp was just above freezing. The bus hit the embankment, maybe the driver dozed off? It was 3:30a.m. in range of the toughest time to stay awake 3-5 a.m.
It may have been then...

I know when my headlight shines over blacktop and it's "glossy"...

...My brown eye puckers up and I'll grip the steering wheel a tad tighter

Indecisi0n

I know nothing about this particular accident, but it has always bothered me how FAST those tour buses go.
OMG the buses around here are crazy. Had one race around me the other night on the left speeding just to cut me off and make a right . Why couldn't he just slow down and go behind me ? At the speed he made that turn I swore he wasn't going to make it.

ManInBrown

I dont know why the state police doesnt take one day every month and write 100s of tickets to fedex,Swift, and tour bus drivers. You could literally give a ticket to every single swift and fedex driver i see on the road. Never once, do I ever see a UPS tractor trailer driving like an A hole. Correction, one time a sleeper bobtailing drove past me like i was standing still. The only time I have ever seen one of ours driving erratic, and he was only speeding. The Swift and Fedex guys have zero patience. They are either high beaming you, or getting in the far left lane to go around you, or passing on the right. Complete A holes

OrioN

Much respect to any feedah drivah. The feeders look like they purposely jack knife to avoid head on collision

Just too many idiot drivers, commercial or not, are out there...

at least my 10,000 lb. package vehicle is more maneuverable

I don't want to get a CDL A or ride a road motorcycle anymore