Tractor trailer accident PA 5 dead

WTFm8

That stretch of the Turnpike can be wicked. It goes over the highest mountain ridge in the state and is long and steep right where this happened. The worst weather I've ever driven in in my life was on this stretch Valentine's Day 2015 shuttling air. I'll never forget it. It rained all day yesterday then the temperature dropped and turned to snow last night. Doesn't help that people drive like ass bags on the Turnpike. Throw a little black ice on the mountain and you're asking for a disaster.

Jan 2016 I was stuck on the TP at New Baltimore for 13hrs heading west.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
About half way through this you can see the back of the sleeper tractor is gone and a mattress is on the pavement. The front of the tour bus is absolutely destroyed as well. Very sad.

It looks like the bus was the first harmful event and the two UPS trucks were trying to add steering input to avoid the crash. After looking at the skid and yaw marks, the crush damage to the bus, and the FedX tractor, and the body directly across from the back of the FedX 5th wheel, I'd guess our guys in the middle truck were some of the ones killed along with the bus driver.

Very sad.

ManInBrown

This is horrible. Thoughts and prayers for our drivers. My biggest fear and probably all of our biggest fears is dying while what we do for a living. Feeder driver is no joke job, it’s dangerous. Not tooting my own horn or trying to say I’m the greatest driver alive, but if I do die on the job, I would almost guarantee it would be because of some reckless, low paid tractor trailer driver. Swift, Fedex.

Air Recovery

I really :censored2:ing hope our brothers are ok. I know i just commented but i read the rest od the thread and im legit worried for them. That couldve been any of us

MattM

There's a white sedan caught between the two UPS trucks too. I'm guessing white sedan had a fatality, the larger UPS truck, and most on the bus.

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
That stretch of the Turnpike can be wicked. It goes over the highest mountain ridge in the state and is long and steep right where this happened. The worst weather I've ever driven in in my life was on this stretch Valentine's Day 2015 shuttling air. I'll never forget it. It rained all day yesterday then the temperature dropped and turned to snow last night. Doesn't help that people drive like ass bags on the Turnpike. Throw a little black ice on the mountain and you're asking for a disaster.

I went to college in eastern Ohio, right across the river, and had to take the turnpike home. It always amazed me how recklessly people drove. At least twice a year going home for break I'd get stuck in some major accident-related traffic jam, usually somewhere near the Lehigh Valley Tunnel.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I went to college in eastern Ohio, right across the river, and had to take the turnpike home. It always amazed me how recklessly people drove. At least twice a year going home for break I'd get stuck in some major accident-related traffic jam, usually somewhere near the Lehigh Valley Tunnel.
I remember one night finishing up my route I drove over a bridge that crosses the Turnpike and it was closed down for something. Looked like a gridlock as far as I could see. To hell with that.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
The coroner released the names of all those killed.

Out of respect I won't post them here but one guy was 53 with 5 years in, the other guy was 48 and in his 28th year at company.

My heart breaks for both of their families.

Also killed was the bus driver, 58 years old; and two passengers aged 35 and 9, all from NYC's outer boroughs.