Train derailment in Illinois?

barnyard

KTM rider
That would called a grievance, wouldn't it?

Not if a train has been delayed. The railroad is responsible to get that trailer to their terminal and frequently hire OTR lines to pull the trailers. In those instances, the trailers are being pulled by railroad contractors, not UPS contractors.

bluehdmc

UPS won't even give their agents any information to help the customers with questions or concerns etc. LAME! This is why people use USPS more often.

Yeah right, try calling the USPS and see what kind of info they can give you. Ask at the Post Office and all they do is shrug their shoulders. I had something shipped I bought on ebay, with "delivery confirmation" it was a just a regular letter sized envelope, had "arrived at xxxxx sorting facility" and seemed to have sat there for a week.

Kevin Lord

Just a quick update to my original post. The camera arrived unscathed yesterday, only two days late. It would have been nice to have a little more communication on the status of the package (wasn't updated after the emergency conditions status until it arrived here in Austin), but overall I'm definitely impressed UPS was able to get it here with such little delay after the train derailment.

Thanks again for the help everyone!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Just a quick update to my original post. The camera arrived unscathed yesterday, only two days late. It would have been nice to have a little more communication on the status of the package (wasn't updated after the emergency conditions status until it arrived here in Austin), but overall I'm definitely impressed UPS was able to get it here with such little delay after the train derailment.

Thanks again for the help everyone!
From all of us at UPS Your Welcome !!!