Transfer?

DryHeat

In our center you put your name on the transfer list that comes out in October. In Jan, if a spot comes open it they go down the list in seniority and if you are lucky you get your pick.:peaceful:

I put my name on the transfer list and since the contract passed. I will probably transfer again in March. It helps to know the mgmt. in the building you want to transfer to.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Probably, not for sure yet.

Seattle area? Pretty city, very nice people but just too grey for my liking. Portland was NO better! I liked the Mall in Seattle. I forget what it was called. Its near the waterfront and has a whole lot of shops in it--food stands, fish stalls, etc. And no, I didn't get the chance to find where UPS was founded. I went looking for it after dark and the neighborhood it was in didn't seem that great. -Rocky

Seattle area? Pretty city, very nice people but just too grey for my liking. Portland was NO better! I liked the Mall in Seattle. I forget what it was called. Its near the waterfront and has a whole lot of shops in it--food stands, fish stalls, etc. And no, I didn't get the chance to find where UPS was founded. I went looking for it after dark and the neighborhood it was in didn't seem that great. -Rocky

You were probably at the market...There are 2 malls down town. on 4th and Pine and 6th and Pine. The UPS waterfall is on 2nd and Main. And you are right, it's not the best of areas in the dark. Two years ago a Seahawk got beat up while outside of a bar in that area. I think he plays for the Cowboys now.

local804

Inside the district -5 to 15 years depending on what building
preload to driver- 3-5 years
driver to feeder- 17-18 years
NY area to anywhere else in the US- when hell freezes over.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You were probably at the market..The UPS waterfall is on 2nd and Main. And you are right, it's not the best of areas in the dark.

Yeah, it probably was the market. Nice place. Interesting people, too. I had some EXCELLENT spaghetti at a food stand there. The guys running it had lived in Seattle all there lives. Lets just say they were less than pleased about where their beloved city is heading politically. Specifically, that it was looking more like another San Francisco (liberal haven). Not sure how accurate that is.

Yeah, the fact that there weren't too many people out on sidestreets just after dark was my first hint. I got a bad feeling and decided getting my a*% jumped wasn't worth a picture of a plaque. If I ever visit again, I'll plan my trip a little better. -Rocky

Pickles

I'd do just about anything to transfer. My only problem, I just took a 22.3 job. Should've transfered for school reasons when I was part time. Now it looks like I'll be going to the 40 hour feeder school and do that for a year or so and then move. Start over. No UPS. Lame.

If I did happen to rehire as part time would it add on to my current pension? I'm about 13 years deep.