Transfers

Need to know if transfers are possible. I'm not going to type much cause this is the first post I've ever posted and I don't want to do it if nobody is going to respond. Please help

JL 0513

If you've made it up to driver and want to stay a driver? No. In almost all cases, if you move, you need to reapply as a new employee.

JL 0513

This really depends on where you are.

One of the exceptions is moving to a connected center within the same area or local. My center is connected with 5 other centers in which guys move around and maintain their seniority. I assume the OP wants to transfer longer distance where this wouldn't apply.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of the exceptions is moving to a connected center within the same area or local. My center is connected with 5 other centers in which guys move around and maintain their seniority. I assume the OP wants to transfer longer distance where this wouldn't apply.
There are ways we can transfer anywhere within the local

Well the situation is that my aunt is really sick and I don't want to not be there if anything happens to her..I currently live in Florida but want to transfer back to Kansas city ...I like my job I'm only a part time loader on the sunrise shift and I've only been working there for three months and I don't really know if they would consider transferring me since I'm so new and all but I really want to keep the job and work my way up to a driver ...I just don't wanna get a year or two in and then in an emergency have to go back and lose my job for sure..I just don't even know how to start the process

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well the situation is that my aunt is really sick and I don't want to not be there if anything happens to her..I currently live in Florida but want to transfer back to Kansas city ...I like my job I'm only a part time loader on the sunrise shift and I've only been working there for three months and I don't really know if they would consider transferring me since I'm so new and all but I really want to keep the job and work my way up to a driver ...I just don't wanna get a year or two in and then in an emergency have to go back and lose my job for sure..I just don't even know how to start the process

With only 3 months in your only course of action is to quit and get rehired.

So you don't think it would go alright if I slowly tried to talk to them about it and maybe get on a waiting list if necessary?..I can wait if I had too...I'm not sure if it's true but I heard they had a no rehire policy or something

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

So you don't think it would go alright if I slowly tried to talk to them about it and maybe get on a waiting list if necessary?..I can wait if I had too...I'm not sure if it's true but I heard they had a no rehire policy or something

Nope.

Explain the situation, give your two week so that they will give you a positive rehire status, and ask them to help you get rehired at your new location.

The company and union are not going to jump through all of the hoops to transfer a 3 month employee.

Well I was thinking I would talk to them and then talk to the HR at the hub in KC as well maybe that way I could have my foot in the door back there just in case or sometging

Do you think that would be in my favor then? Like I said it's not that I don't want the job I plan on hopefully making it my career it's just one of those things. The ups hub in Kansas city is only ten or fifteen mins from where I would be moving