Truck break down on a Friday

Slick silver

Only had 20 p2 left at 1 pm today. Made a residential stop and my izuzu reach takes a crap on me. After waiting for a tow and then waiting on a second truck, got done and clocked out a 6 pm. What a start to the weekend ..

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Only had 20 p2 left at 1 pm today. Made a residential stop and my izuzu reach takes a crap on me. After waiting for a tow and then waiting on a second truck, got done and clocked out a 6 pm. What a start to the weekend ..
How long were you in code 24?

At our station, unless you're right there in town the wait is usually 2 1/2 - 3 1/2 hours.

Slick silver

All together 3 hrs. The tow got there in about 2, then another hour to get another truck to me, since no one was available to switch and no one available at the station to just drive a truck up. Only down side to the whole ordeal was not being near a gas station to get some water, just sitting there with no ac and sweating away.

All together 3 hrs. The tow got there in about 2, then another hour to get another truck to me, since no one was available to switch and no one available at the station to just drive a truck up. Only down side to the whole ordeal was not being near a gas station to get some water, just sitting there with no ac and sweating away.
That's why you always bring supplies with you.

Slick silver

I should say, I ran out of water. Resident actually came home as the truck was being towed away. Last was definitely not drinking well water

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
i bring too much nom noms... gonna start to look like a feeder driver soon

giphy.gif

my mile-per-stop average is ~2. Fri i did 80 stops, but 140 miles

Last edited:

Purplepackage

On our farthest extended route that I cover I broke down about 150 miles from the station,(this was at 4 in the afternoon) sent all my pups to the closest route and took me until 21:00 to finish the deliveries and make it back to the station

Slick silver

That was probably my only bright side of those 2 hrs. Netflix... Thank god for u limited data and a phone charger. Watching orange is the new black while getting paid

ManInBrown

Am I reading this right, you had 20 deliveries left at 1PM? Wow. I'm not even lathered up yet at 1PM.

Star B

White Lightening
I pull up to business stops at like 11 in the morning and the FedEx guys truck is damn near empty...it's unbelievable...I don't even have a walkway til 4pm
Thats because we're Express... not ground. I'm sure the ground peeps have the same walkway issue that you do. Do your air drivers still have a blocked aisle at 11?

Yesterday was light. I did 4 routes in total because DRA went split crazy.

That was probably my only bright side of those 2 hrs. Netflix... Thank god for u limited data and a phone charger. Watching orange is the new black while getting paid
Did you have a newer reach? I didn't think the older ones had a cig lighter.

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Thats because we're Express... not ground. I'm sure the ground peeps have the same walkway issue that you do. Do your air drivers still have a blocked aisle at 11?

Yesterday was light. I did 4 routes in total because DRA went split crazy.

Did you have a newer reach? I didn't think the older ones had a cig lighter.
You guys have AC and cigarette lighters?!! Wtf!!!!!