Trucking at UPS

Cementups

Box Monkey
Even the cross country long haul guys dont make as much as a feeder driver -.- lol

I know OTR drivers that make a lot more than UPS drivers and when they try and brag about it to me I like to remind them that we are home every night and get to see our kids grow up and get to sleep with our wives instead of letting the lawn boy do it for us. Those things don't hold a dollar value.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I know OTR drivers that make a lot more than UPS drivers and when they try and brag about it to me I like to remind them that we are home every night and get to see our kids grow up and get to sleep with our wives instead of letting the lawn boy do it for us. Those things don't hold a dollar value.

You also have to figure does he actually make more? Does he have more spending money than a ups feeder?

I have a buddy that sells insurance door to door. Likes to talk like its this awesome job. Man I made 120k last year. Yeah well you also spent 60k on job related expsenses so....

NXA

I am going to take my driver hat off and put my Dad hat on.

You would be a fool to "settle" for a job delivering packages all day. IT is a growing field; however, you will never go above tech status with just a two year degree. Get a job within the field upon completion of your two year and pursue your 4 year online or at night. The opportunities that will open up at that time will allow you to pretty much write your own ticket.

Yes, UPS drivers do make good money, but the job is about as challenging as the trivia quiz before the movie starts.
A-fekking-men! Preach it, dad.

ManInBrown

Anyone have any tricks to passing the test. The general knowledge test is 50 question and you have to get 40 right before 11 wrong. I had none wrong thru 27 questions and then it went downhill.

Any sites that have all the questions by state that I can study? I can't move onto the endorsement tests until I pass the general knowledge. I'm stressing that I won't make my feeder school date they scheduled for me. I only have 5 more weeks and can only take the tests once per week. I don't want to miss this feeder school date and have to wait for them to come back around to me again. I want out of package ASAP

ManInBrown

Another thing I'm worried about is I'm not handy as far as being able to fix vehicles, or even being able to identify parts on a truck. Seems like the endorsements tests are a lot of question regarding parts on the truck.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Anyone have any tricks to passing the test. The general knowledge test is 50 question and you have to get 40 right before 11 wrong. I had none wrong thru 27 questions and then it went downhill.

Any sites that have all the questions by state that I can study? I can't move onto the endorsement tests until I pass the general knowledge. I'm stressing that I won't make my feeder school date they scheduled for me. I only have 5 more weeks and can only take the tests once per week. I don't want to miss this feeder school date and have to wait for them to come back around to me again. I want out of package ASAP

There is an app called "DMV Genie" that you can use. It has every states optional questions as they are asked on their app. You can take all the sections over and over until you feel comfortable in taking the actual test.
Good luck, and you're welcome.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Another thing I'm worried about is I'm not handy as far as being able to fix vehicles, or even being able to identify parts on a truck. Seems like the endorsements tests are a lot of question regarding parts on the truck.

I google all the stuff I don't know. Like for instance there are question about S-cams. I wasn't familiar with those so I googled it and actually found a pretty sweet video on YouTube that broke down the whole braking process and showed how everything works step by step.

ManInBrown

There is an app called "DMV Genie" that you can use. It has every states optional questions as they are asked on their app. You can take all the sections over and over until you feel comfortable in taking the actual test.
Good luck, and you're welcome.
Great info. Much appreciated

ManInBrown

That DMV genie is great. Thx cement. The one thing I noticed on all those different sites is they label one item test and another exam. What's the difference? They let you take general knowledge exam and general knowledge test. Which one is the real thing?

Cementups

Box Monkey
That DMV genie is great. Thx cement. The one thing I noticed on all those different sites is they label one item test and another exam. What's the difference? They let you take general knowledge exam and general knowledge test. Which one is the real thing?

The TEST ones you can get hints for to try and help you remember them. Clues as you will. If you take the exam it is just like taking the EXAM at the DMV to get your license. Once you get to 11 wrong on the exam it will quit the test and you'll be done. Just keep retaking it until you stop getting different questions and you get them all right. That's what I've been doing.

ManInBrown

The TEST ones you can get hints for to try and help you remember them. Clues as you will. If you take the exam it is just like taking the EXAM at the DMV to get your license. Once you get to 11 wrong on the exam it will quit the test and you'll be done. Just keep retaking it until you stop getting different questions and you get them all right. That's what I've been doing.
Thx Cement. Big help

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would think if you really wanted to make the move you would take the time to read the study material until you knew it backward and forward.