Trump pardons Michael Behenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

floridays

Trump pardons former US soldier who killed Iraqi prisoner

“Behenna acknowledged during his trial that instead of taking the prisoner home as he was ordered, he took the man to a railroad culvert, stripped him, and then questioned him at gunpoint about a roadside bombing that had killed two members of Behenna's platoon.

Behenna, a native of the Oklahoma City suburb of Edmond, said the man moved toward him and he shot him because Behenna thought he would try to take his gun.”
War is dirty, brutal,
Take a prisoner home? on what planet? under what rules of engagement?
God can figure it out, it's above our pay grade.

Go Army

bbsam

Staff member
War is dirty, brutal,
Take a prisoner home? on what planet? under what rules of engagement?
God can figure it out, it's above our pay grade.

Go Army
Right. What military functions on subordinates following the superiots’ orders?

That’s just crazy.

Bob11B

Have you ever been in the position to know better? It’s a serious question. You do realize that those orders come from some cheese dick that sits in an office and never has boots outside of the wire, right? You do what you need to do to get :censored2: done and accomplish the mission. I’m sure you know more than me, you’re probably pretty sick at Halo and have crushed a few campaigns on Call of Duty, for that...I salute you sir.

bbsam

Staff member
Have you ever been in the position to know better? It’s a serious question. You do realize that those orders come from some cheese dick that sits in an office and never has boots outside of the wire, right? You do what you need to do to get :censored2: done and accomplish the mission. I’m sure you know more than me, you’re probably pretty sick at Halo and have crushed a few campaigns on Call of Duty, for that...I salute you sir.
It’s pretty simple really. Step out of line, pay the consequences.

Do you deny that order and discipline are essential in the armed forces?

bbsam

Staff member
I think you are naive about those officers giving orders.

One of my best friends from high school went in the Marines as an enlisted man. He’s now a colonel.

Now, could see him bending the chain of command from time to time, but I know he’d take the punishment silently even still believing he was right.

trickpony1

I think you are naive about those officers giving orders.

Really?
A long time ago, in a land far, far away, a Lt. William Calley was given orders to take care a village known as My Lai. His superiors never suffered the consequences of their actions...Calley took the heat.

This happened while you were still in liquid form so you probably don't remember.

I also don't believe your friend went from high school to Colonel without a college degree and OCS unless, of course, the Army had Affirmative Action quota's to fill.

oldngray

nowhere special
Behenna already served his time in prison and is out on parole. His conviction might have been overturned or at least been a mistrial because of erroneous jury instructions and the failure of prosecutors to turn over evidence supporting a self-defense claim.

trickpony1

I know he is out of prison as of March 14, 2014.

His mother, a learned and proficient lawyer pursued all the options you mentioned up to and including the Supreme Court.

The Army was gonna get their pound of flesh from Behenna at all costs.

bbsam

Staff member
Really?
A long time ago, in a land far, far away, a Lt. William Calley was given orders to take care a village known as My Lai. His superiors never suffered the consequences of their actions...Calley took the heat.

This happened while you were still in liquid form so you probably don't remember.

I also don't believe your friend went from high school to Colonel without a college degree and OCS unless, of course, the Army had Affirmative Action quota's to fill.
Oh no. He got his degree while in the Marines.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
So whenever you got an order from a superior that you thought was a cheese dick you just ignored it and did whatever you wanted? I doubt that very much.
In this case Behenna's mission was to take a prisoner home and release him because the Army had determined that there was no evidence he had been involved in the bombing. Instead he tried to conduct his own interrogation and wound up shooting the guy. You can choose to believe his claim of self defense if that suits you, but the fact is that if he had just followed his orders none of the subsequent events would have happened.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
So whenever you got an order from a superior that you thought was a cheese dick you just ignored it and did whatever you wanted? I doubt that very much.
In this case Behenna's mission was to take a prisoner home and release him because the Army had determined that there was no evidence he had been involved in the bombing. Instead he tried to conduct his own interrogation and wound up shooting the guy. You can choose to believe his claim of self defense if that suits you, but the fact is that if he had just followed his orders none of the subsequent events would have happened.
Spoken like a true Union man.

Serf

Really?

As I understood it Lt. Calley was to take the full blame, protect those above him. And the plan was to parole him very early. Then Nixon come in and did him one better, transferring him to 3 yrs house arrest.

trickpony1

As I understood it Lt. Calley was to take the full blame, protect those above him. And the plan was to parole him very early. Then Nixon come in and did him one better, transferring him to 3 yrs house arrest.

Fast forward to the Middle East war...
Obama was president...he's not gonna betray his muslim homies in the middle east so it's easier, and safer, to have his military lemmings sacrifice the fighting soldiers than to stand up for his troops and do what's right.

floridays

You forgot to add that more soldiers, sons and daughters of mom's and dad's that saw their precious offspring enlist to protect your freedoms could have died as a direct response of this slime ball living.

Go Army, Go Marines, Go Navy kill every last one of these slimy bastards.
Period. :thumbup1::2guns::2guns::2guns:

Status
Not open for further replies.