Trump pardons Michael Behenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

newfie

It’s pretty simple really. Step out of line, pay the consequences.

Do you deny that order and discipline are essential in the armed forces?

absolutely 100 percent required when performing on the parade field

Last edited:

newfie

So whenever you got an order from a superior that you thought was a cheese dick you just ignored it and did whatever you wanted? I doubt that very much.
In this case Behenna's mission was to take a prisoner home and release him because the Army had determined that there was no evidence he had been involved in the bombing. Instead he tried to conduct his own interrogation and wound up shooting the guy. You can choose to believe his claim of self defense if that suits you, but the fact is that if he had just followed his orders none of the subsequent events would have happened.

we dont know if he followed orders or not . Its the military as you and I do know that there are cheese dicks that are often in leadership positions that are barely competent enough to get you shot.

in the civilan world when a boss gives you an unlawful order or a wrong order you may get fired but you can always litigate

in the military in combat that order may permanently deny you your right to litigate

the fact this guy is alive to fight the charges tells me he is at least partially correct in his decision

I'm surpised you claiming to have served that you dont recognize that we do have cheese dicks in leadership positions...unless perhaps you were one of them?

bbsam

Staff member
we dont know if he followed orders or not . Its the military as you and I do know that there are cheese dicks that are often in leadership positions that are barely competent enough to get you shot.

in the civilan world when a boss gives you an unlawful order or a wrong order you may get fired but you can always litigate

in the military in combat that order may permanently deny you your right to litigate

the fact this guy is alive to fight the charges tells me he is at least partially correct in his decision

I'm surpised you claiming to have served that you dont recognize that we do have cheese dicks in leadership positions...unless perhaps you were one of them?
No.

trickpony1

Maybe they shouldn’t be in the military.

...or maybe you should be aware of the ROE before you pop off.

If the bad guy has a weapon pointed at you...you can't do anything until he shoots first.

This gives you a 3-5 second window to make a decision. Make the wrong decision...you end up dead. Make the right decision...you end up in Leavenworth. Sound fair?

bbsam

Staff member

If the bad guy has a weapon pointed at you...you can't do anything until he shoots first.

This gives you a 3-5 second window to make a decision. Make the wrong decision...you end up dead. Make the right decision...you end up in Leavenworth. Sound fair?
Or follow orders and take the guy home. What a concept.

trickpony1

Take a prisoner home? on what planet? under what rules of engagement?

This is called "catch and release".
The enemy is taught exactly what to say that assures they are released if captured by the Americans.
America is trying to pander, and suck up, to the citizens of the middle east. They walk on egg shells daily.

bbsam

Staff member
The enemy is taught exactly what to say that assures they are released if captured by the Americans.
America is trying to pander, and suck up, to the citizens of the middle east. They walk on egg shells daily.
When you join the military, there is a chain of command and civilians are at the top.
Mid somebody doesn’t like that, why join? There’s no draft so...

floridays

Sad and deadly.
Kill all the friend bombs. Cleanly and quickly.
Not my Dads Army anymore.

Sportello

Why would an Iraqi/Afghani/Kurd ever trust an American soldier/mercenary ever again?

War crimes, plain and simple.

floridays

When you join the military, there is a chain of command and civilians are at the top.
Mid somebody doesn’t like that, why join? There’s no draft so...
Huh? you need to edit this, I'm waiting to respond to what you meant to say.

Hope the Mississippi isn't affecting you guys up there badly :thumbup1:. Best to you sammy.:thumbup1:

bbsam

Staff member
I'm reasonably sure we were asked to be in their country.
No....we didn't invade.
Trust me, the Americans like being there even less than the homefolks do.
Really? I was under the impression that we were in Afghanistan because Pakistan is an unstable nuclear power.

Box Ox

Maybe they need to talk to their homies that are sending Americans home with limbs missing, TBI's and in body bags.

ITT: Conservatives covering for Michael Behenna like they're Colonel Jessup on the witness stand in "A Few Good Men" right before he's taken into custody by the MPs. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.