Trump supporters too dumb to realize that they are ignorant.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
The Psychology Behind Donald Trump's Unwavering Support
Article that explains a lot of what is going on.

"The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed. This creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb."

Best definition I've read to explain @Old Man Jingles

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

"The Dunning-Kruger effect explains that the problem isn’t just that they are misinformed; it’s that they are completely unaware that they are misinformed. This creates a double burden.

Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. As psychologist David Dunning puts it in an op-ed for Politico, “The knowledge and intelligence that are required to be good at a task are often the same qualities needed to recognize that one is not good at that task — and if one lacks such knowledge and intelligence, one remains ignorant that one is not good at the task. This includes political judgment.” Essentially, they’re not smart enough to realize they’re dumb."
This explains everyone who posts in Current Events ... SERIOUSLY!
There is no one in here that even remotely has the expertise to comment on anything on which they do comment.
From the article:
Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. Sep 13, 2016

Last edited:

newfie

Best definition I've read to explain @Old Man Jingles

I believe the correct thread title would read "too ignorant to realize their ignorance" if one were too dumb then the dumbness persay would neutralize the ignorance. one can not really be too dumb to realize their ignorance as such since the dumbness supercedes the ignorance. As such your title demonstrates an ignorance of the proper relationship of "dumb and ignorant"

it is this conflict of relationships you exhibited here that allowed Trump to be elected in 2016.

Had you fully understood this relationship you being libs as a group you would have realized that you were in fact duping yourselves and about to have your clock cleaned by the mighty trumpster.

As such I heartily endorse your self serving thread and encourage you to continue to self flagellate yourself with your perceived higher intellect until 2021 at which point I will beat your dumb asses unmercifully.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I believe the correct thread title would read "too ignorant to realize their ignorance" if one were too dumb then the dumbness persay would neutralize the ignorance. one can not really be too dumb to realize their ignorance as such since the dumbness supercedes the ignorance. As such your title demonstrates an ignorance of the proper relationship of "dumb and ignorant"

it is this conflict of relationships you exhibited here that allowed Trump to be elected in 2016.

Had you fully understood this relationship you being libs as a group you would have realized that you were in fact duping yourselves and about to have your clock cleaned by the mighty trumpster.

As such I heartily endorse your self serving thread and encourage you to continue to self flagellate yourself with your perceived higher intellect until 2021 at which point I will beat your dumb asses unmercifully.

Number 2 in the article is all about you.

"2. Hypersensitivity to Threat

Science has unequivocally shown that the conservative brain has an exaggerated fear response when faced with stimuli that may be perceived as threatening. A 2008 studyin the journal Science found that conservatives have a stronger physiological reaction to startling noises and graphic images compared to liberals."
It's calling you skittish and a pusillanimous.
Broken down into terms you could understand

bbsam

Staff member
This explains everyone who posts in Current Events ... SERIOUSLY!
There is no one in here that even remotely has the expertise to comment on anything on which they do comment.
From the article:
Studies have shown that people who lack expertise in some area of knowledge often have a cognitive bias that prevents them from realizing that they lack expertise. Sep 13, 2016
So as long as you’re not a lonely idiot, you’re ok with being an idiot?

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
So as long as you’re not a lonely idiot, you’re ok with being an idiot?
No problem with loneliness .
More than half the country would vote for Trump tomorrow.
Thank goodness for the superior intellect of the left for helping us maintain a balance. God only knows where this country would be if it wasn't for the real thinkers keeping a hold on stupid.

Box Ox

I guess that means you do!

Mines bigger than yours!

SMH

Grow the friend:censored2: up!

Don’t get too caught up in that. Having a gigantic dong is not better for relations than being an average small fry. Does lower the desire for compensatory purchases such as many big guns and large trucks.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
More than half the country would vote for Trump tomorrow.
He couldn't even get a majority of the vote against Clinton .
Screenshot_2019-03-07-19-53-05.png

Where do you get the idea that more than half the country would vote for him next time