Tucson Shooting !

Lue C Fur

Evil member
Another thing was discussed on CNN today (GPS with Frank Z), were those semi-automatic guns, like used in Tucson. why are they still allowed to be purchased by the general public ?

Those kind of guns have only 1 purpose. And it's not hunting.
It's only purpose is to kill a lot of people in a matter of seconds.

Really...have you ever hunted rabbit, Grouse, or Pheasant? I would love to see someone with a bolt action shotgun or 22...its semi auto or go home empty. Its funny that people that know nothing about guns know it all...

I guess they need to ban all hand guns because they are all "Semi-auto".

I see that drunk driving is up so i think we should ban all cars and booze. :)

klein

Für Meno :)
Really...have you ever hunted rabbit, Grouse, or Pheasant? I would love to see someone with a bolt action shotgun or 22...its semi auto or go home empty. Its funny that people that know nothing about guns know it all...

[/COLOR]

Maybe you folks down there, just can't shoot like a good hunter does ?
The rest of the world hunts without them.

Here, an article from Outdoors Canada:

If you do spot a rabbit, lift your gun slowly, as rapid movements often cause them to dart away.
As for guns and loads, a 12- or 20-gauge with an improved-cylinder choke, loaded with #6 or #7 1/2 shot, is ideal.

Some prefer to hunt rabbits with .22s or other small-calibre rifles, but I’ve found that they’re generally ineffective for snowshoes or cottontails. In the more open habitat where you usually hunt Arctic hares or jackrabbits, however, rifles are better suited to the greater shooting distances often involved.

If you do spot a rabbit, lift your gun slowly, as rapid movements often cause them to dart away.
As for guns and loads, a 12- or 20-gauge with an improved-cylinder choke, loaded with #6 or #7 1/2 shot, is ideal.

Some prefer to hunt rabbits with .22s or other small-calibre rifles, but I’ve found that they’re generally ineffective for snowshoes or cottontails. In the more open habitat where you usually hunt Arctic hares or jackrabbits, however, rifles are better suited to the greater shooting distances often involved.

There several forms of hunting with pistols. Try looking them up so you can be an expert on those too. Semi autos however are what you`ll find if you enter a home without invitation.

Lue C Fur

Evil member

If you do spot a rabbit, lift your gun slowly, as rapid movements often cause them to dart away.(Wow to be so lucky as to find one sitting still...a 22 would be so perfect)[/I]
As for guns and loads, a 12- or 20-gauge with an improved-cylinder choke, loaded with #6 or #7 1/2 shot, is ideal. (if you like eating shot...ever chewed one before...and the meat wasted...cost of shells.)[/I]

Some prefer to hunt rabbits with .22s (less meat wasted, cheap ammo, more of a challange) or other small-calibre rifles, but I’ve found (his opinion and not fact) that they’re generally ineffective for snowshoes or cottontails (total BS...killed many with a 22). In the more open habitat where you usually hunt Arctic hares or jackrabbits, however, rifles are better suited to the greater shooting distances often involved.( Wow...first correct thing he said)

You really have no clue on hunting or guns. A 22 is a rifle and rabbits run when you kick them up so semi auto is the only way to go. Shotguns that are single shot are for trap shooting but i guess if you can reload superfast you could...oh nevermind. I should not feed the drunk trolls.

Lue C Fur

Evil member
There several forms of hunting with pistols. Try looking them up so you can be an expert on those too. Semi autos however are what you`ll find if you enter a home without invitation.

+1. I have a friend who hunts wild boar with a 50 cal...im not sure i would want to shoot that cannon until i get more arm strength. LOL

klein

Für Meno :)
Really...have you ever hunted rabbit, Grouse, or Pheasant? I would love to see someone with a bolt action shotgun or 22...its semi auto or go home empty.

Some prefer to hunt rabbits with .22s, or other small-calibre rifles, but I’ve found (his opinion and not fact) that they’re generally ineffective for snowshoes or cottontails (total BS...killed many with a 22).

Really, lucy !!!

Looks like 1 or the other for me ! (kinda contradicting yourself a little here, aren't ya) ?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Both Boxer (can't stand her) and Feinstein (can't stand her) are crowing about tougher gun control or clip control........they really need to develop a pay cut for themselves!!

It is virtually impossible for anyone but the wealthy or politically well-connected to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit in the state of California.

There are fewer than 25 such permits issued in the city of San Francisco. Guess who has one of them? Diane Feinstein!!!!

Hypocrite.

wkmac

It is virtually impossible for anyone but the wealthy or politically well-connected to obtain a Concealed Handgun Permit in the state of California.

There are fewer than 25 such permits issued in the city of San Francisco. Guess who has one of them? Diane Feinstein!!!!

Hypocrite.

Sober,

Ever looked at Feinstein's husband Richard Blum? He's a billionaire whose made a lot of his money off of killing so should we really be surprised that the good Senator has the means of death while the vast majority are denied such access? This is just a scratch of the surface if you dare to look deeper.

In Jan. 2007', an article in a northern Ca. newspaper shows IMO how the issue of the military is not so much these days about protecting us, the people, but has become a ruse so that others can use it as a slush fund that is financed by the average, hardworking taxpayers. People like Feinstein and her husband are bleeding America dry and the even more heinous part is that others members of Congress of both parties don't call her out for it. Why?

Cutting the defense budget won't do one thing to harm America's true defense needs but it will detach the leeches that bleed us dry.

Just goes to show, the more money involved the easier it is to get away with it. Makes Rangal, Delany and others look like very small potatoes.

wkmac

Just goes to show, the more money involved the easier it is to get away with it. Makes Rangal, Delany and others look like very small potatoes.

Great point on all counts.

Thinking back, Rangel in his defense of himself seems to suggest something more but it's if he was holding back. Honor among thieves?

Great point on all counts.

Thinking back, Rangel in his defense of himself seems to suggest something more but it's if he was holding back. Honor among thieves?
Probably, but this is off track from the thread actually. Isn't it easy to get off?

Hypocrisy runs ramped in all form of government, the bigger the government the bigger the hypocrisy. It's been a long time since I have trusted any politician or preacher. My Dad used to say, " If ya took the money out of religion and politics, you's see less politicians and preachers.".

That's the nice thing about a 50 cal. You have a lot of range. :happy-very:
plus...stop em in their tracks, knock em to their knees punch.
Most wild hog hunting here is done pretty up close and personal...not the javelina ...feral hogs, adult body weight up to 350-400 lbs