Tucson Shooting !

Well, don't know about US rules. But if an animal arrives dead or appears sick, (includes broken bones), to a meat or poultry slaughter house. It's is automatically declared unfit for human consumption. And all animals under go a health inspection, before they can be declared fit for human consumption.

By law, farmers or hunters can't sell their meat, to the general public, unless the whole process is over looked by the food agency, and inspector(s) (is)are on site.

The only gun a government regulated slaughter house uses, is a stun gun, if even that, because they have developed more effecient, automtic ways to stun animals, before their main artery is cut and the butchering process begins.

Btw, have you ever heard of head cheese ? As far as I know, it's made from pork brains. I don't think they would sell it, with bullet fragments inside of it.

Anyways, yes, they do get killed , but not by rifles or bullets at the slaughter houses !
They get killed in the most human way possible, and a government inspector is always on site, to ensure these animals don't go thru any unneccesary suffering.
(which is still debatable, among animal lovers and vegetarians).

Rules for animal processing are the same or similar here. BUT you are talking domesticated animals going to a regulated slaughterhouse. A deer, or the previously mentioned wild hog do not fall under the same guidelines. Yes any self respecting hunter will take pride in dispatching an animal as quickly and humanely as possible. But these wild animals are dealt with generally in one of two ways, with an arrow or a bullet. Either properly applied will end the animals worries before it knows what hits it.

Don`t worry about the little hog. If he could get his teeth into you he wouldn`t worry about how humane he was to you.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The only gun a government regulated slaughter house uses, is a stun gun, if even that, because they have developed more effecient, automtic ways to stun animals, before their main artery is cut and the butchering process begins....

Anyways, yes, they do get killed , but not by rifles or bullets at the slaughter houses !
They get killed in the most human way possible, and a government inspector is always on site, to ensure these animals don't go thru any unneccesary suffering.
(which is still debatable, among animal lovers and vegetarians).

The "stun guns" you mention are used in industrial factory farms not because they are more "humane" but because they are cheaper and easier to employ than a real gun.

I am not a fan of factory farms and I refuse to buy meat from them. My wife and I buy all of our beef from a small local farmer who raises his cattle humanely and only feeds them grain and grass. No antibiotics, no hormones, no corn, no being trucked to a slaughterhouse and herded into chutes for processing. The local butcher who slaughters these animals does so in the most humane way that it can possibly be done; he drives his mobile butchering truck out to the pasture where the cattle are grazing and uses a scoped, high-powered hunting rifle to shoot the animals in the head. They are dead and on the ground before they ever even hear the noise of the gunshot. He does hogs the same way, except they are generally in a barn or a chute rather than a pasture so instead of the high-powered rifle he uses a .357 handgun to the base of the neck at point-blank range. This may seem barbaric to those who are offended easily but the reality is that it is a far more humane method of dispatch than what is used in the factory farms.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
insect_plate.jpg

klein, here's a meat free diet for you

moreluck

golden ticket member
The recipe I saw for Hassenpfeffer called for 2 rabbits cut into pieces.......it didn't mention where to get the rabbits, so roadkill should be OK.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As a kid I ate more rabbit than I did chicken...not roadkill though.

We raised both rabbits and chickens when I was a kid. I butchered and skinned my first rabbit at the age of 9. There were many meals that consisted of fresh vegetables from our garden and fresh meat from either the chicken coop, the rabbit hutch, or the occasional deer.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Missouri Dems Call For Killing and Eating Babies…

From the Boone County Democratic Party in Missouri.
Note to the left, this is just as stupid as blaming Palin for the Giffords massacre.
HT: Moonbattery