TUES- SAT PT Work week 6th/7th punch question

MattM

Without complicating things too much, has anyone ever dealt with sixth and 7th punches on Sunday/Monday?

I've heard two sides and our steward doesn't seem to know. Do we need to work the five days prior to Sunday - Monday, or start with Sunday and Monday and work five more days?

Confusion is happening because of our payroll week starting on Sunday. I know we get the OT and DT. Many have the days after Christmas off, and there's forced work on Sunday 12/22 and Monday 12/23, so many are wondering when those five days have to come.

And I ask here because the stewards don't know and the boss is out of the loop with false promises.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Without complicating things too much, has anyone ever dealt with sixth and 7th punches on Sunday/Monday?

I've heard two sides and our steward doesn't seem to know. Do we need to work the five days prior to Sunday - Monday, or start with Sunday and Monday and work five more days?

Confusion is happening because of our payroll week starting on Sunday. I know we get the OT and DT. Many have the days after Christmas off, and there's forced work on Sunday 12/22 and Monday 12/23, so many are wondering when those five days have to come.

And I ask here because the stewards don't know and the boss is out of the loop with false promises.
Peaks almost over , can you please stop complaining and just come in? You haven’t worked at UPS long enough to complain

MattM

It’s easier being ‘forced’ knowing it’s Ot or Dt.

One year they had us working 14-15 hours on a Friday assuring us it was all OT. 90% wouldn’t have stayed so long if it wasn’t. Another year we all stayed super later on a Saturday, again being assured it was DT this time around.

No complaints on my end. Extra work is great. I just want to know what’s right or wrong when the paychecks come.

they couldn’t get more than 5 people to sign up for extra work this time around so it’s becoming ‘forced’ for everyone. Had they had some real facts, you’d have dozens sign up for guaranteed OT.

542thruNthru

What supplemental/rider are you under?

542thruNthru

If you're in the western and southwest rider....

If you are T-S then Monday is your 7th day.
Screenshot_20191210-221556_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Now if you work Tues thru Sunday you would receive OT for Sunday because you worked 6 days in a row... but.... the language for double time is just if you work on the 7th day of your schedule.
Screenshot_20191210-221116_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

So technically Monday is the 7th day of your schedule. Meaning if they are forcing you to work on Monday and you are a T-S PT worker you should be paid double time for all work performed on Monday.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
If you're in the western and southwest rider....

If you are T-S then Monday is your 7th day.
View attachment 275474
Now if you work Tues thru Sunday you would receive OT for Sunday because you worked 6 days in a row... but.... the language for double time is just if you work on the 7th day of your schedule.
View attachment 275475
So technically Monday is the 7th day of your schedule. Meaning if they are forcing you to work on Monday and you are a T-S PT worker you should be paid double time for all work performed on Monday.
And for 705?

MattM

Time card viewer is up. I got my answer for the week in question.

Sunday was all OT. Monday was all DT, just as @542thruNthru mentioned. I worked the five days prior. Both just so happened to be on the new paycheck for the week.

Does anyone know if master article 40 air ramp supercedes SW sort rider language that is vague in nature? A couple people including supervisor's mentioned that both days should be DT. Do I hold them to their word and file a grievance?

We're guaranteed 3 hours, not 4 or 3.5 like many of the articles mention. So I want to believe some of it doesn't apply to us. We're not the typical ups union employee according to the books.

542thruNthru

Time card viewer is up. I got my answer for the week in question.

Sunday was all OT. Monday was all DT, just as @542thruNthru mentioned. I worked the five days prior. Both just so happened to be on the new paycheck for the week.

Does anyone know if master article 40 air ramp supercedes SW sort rider language that is vague in nature? A couple people including supervisor's mentioned that both days should be DT. Do I hold them to their word and file a grievance?

We're guaranteed 3 hours, not 4 or 3.5 like many of the articles mention. So I want to believe some of it doesn't apply to us. We're not the typical ups union employee according to the books.

Screenshot_20191230-162209_Adobe Acrobat.jpg