Tuesday through Saturday Being Forced

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
If they are delivering on Sat how are you getting more work on Monday?

i am a center clerk and there are only a few of us and now there will be one less of us on monday. i guess its a wait and see about the volume drop if any on monday that will balance out the clerk work

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
When we moved to Saturday delivery (about a year and a half ago) all FT positions moved to T-S like yours. The PT positions were bid top down and then forced bottom up. I was surprised once it was all said and done how many people choose to go to T-S. They were happy to get away from the Monday 12:05 start time.
A couple bid drivers also seem to like saturdays. Not all bad, Long hours even with the "no overtime" push, see new people / faces, plenty of windshield time, loads are usually acceptable with space to walk around on.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
it was just announced in my building that all full time preloaders and the lowest seniority clerk and carwasher are getting there workdays switched starting next week. that's all pretty much high seniority 20 year + guys and gals and there :censored2:. i don't know if this is for peek, or the coming 22.4s and Saturday ground, or both. after being told it was coming and then a few delays this spring and summer, we never did get to implement Saturday ground. i guess its starting next week!
We will be busy drinking beer and watching football so try not to bother us.
tumblr_ne135elZmC1tf767po1_500.gif

JustDeliverIt

A couple bid drivers also seem to like saturdays. Not all bad, Long hours even with the "no overtime" push, see new people / faces, plenty of windshield time, loads are usually acceptable with space to walk around on.

Yeah, we have some higher seniority drivers that bid Saturday routes and love it. They aren't thrilled with the fact that the new contract has all the RPCD will all be M-friend, they want to stay T-S. Granted, it's only an handful drivers that like it but they are out there.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Saturday ground!!!!!! Welcome to the party, just count your blessing that you weren’t part of the first wave of this over a year ago. They’ve really adjusted volume down on Saturday’s due to the huge financial losses they were experiencing on Monday’s. Evidently they had expected losses on Saturday’s but weren’t prepared for the losses on Monday. My center runs about 70 routes normally and Saturday’s are down to 10-12.

JustDeliverIt

Saturdays would be much better if they had a better plan . I've worked a couple and made a few suggestions but they fell on deaf ears

So now I don't work then anymore.

It's funny. I was able to bid on a M-friend route that opened up about a month ago. The last Saturday I worked they started adding a few extra routes to make it a better day and have been running it that way since. Saturdays are back to being not a horrible day like we had to deal with all summer. Hope it lasts for those guys, just wouldn't count on anything. Seems as soon as a group of employees like a change, the company has to switch it up just because.

Jackofnotrades

it was just announced in my building that all full time preloaders and the lowest seniority clerk and carwasher are getting there workdays switched starting next week. that's all pretty much high seniority 20 year + guys and gals and there :censored2:. i don't know if this is for peek, or the coming 22.4s and Saturday ground, or both. after being told it was coming and then a few delays this spring and summer, we never did get to implement Saturday ground. i guess its starting next week!
Can't force without an executed contract. Tell the shop Stewart's to step it up