Union backs company on forcing Tue-Sat shift change?

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Hello.

I've been with the company for 6 years. Originally hired to preload spring 2014. Went FT driver in the summer of 2017.

Had some medical issues come up,
And under ADA I am back in preload as of fall 2019.

ADA process was a reassignment to preload. Not bid into.
What's my seniority date then?

Being forced to work Tuesday through Saturday now because of returning to preload. If this is correct, I will understand and not argue against it.

But if my seniority date should be high enough to not be forced... I need article information so I can file.

Any help would be appreciated

Once you go into the ADA (Americans with Disability Act) protocol (Federal government). You take much of any argument out of the hands of the Union. The federal guidelines allow the company to give you a job that meets the limitations of your restrictions. From the Union side, the job created can't violate someone else's seniority or all senior employees would have to sign a waiver so the company and Union are protected.

djcodine

The short answer is you gotta take what ever position they crate or have available that adheres to your ada restrictions. Although according to the new contract you do keep your full time driver and building seniority. You do not get treated like a new hire. You also have the right to use your full time driver seniority to take any future full time or combo position that may become available in the future that fits your ada limitations. I dont feel like looking up the article but read the contract its in.

trickpony1

Definition of Zen:
(hope this helps)

Zen
[zen]
NOUN
  1. a Japanese school of Mahayana Buddhism emphasizing the value of meditation and intuition.