Tuesday thru Saturday

Dhydratd

Is this new tue-sat shift making guys retire?
Mine is still M-friend, but Mondays suck A S S!! I'm vacating the job first quarter of next year because of it. On the 9.5 list but working almost 13 hours every Monday. I'm completely convinced that it's UPS's plan to force older drivers into early retirement so they can hire new meat at a 4-year progression to save money.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Mine is still M-friend, but Mondays suck A S S!! I'm vacating the job first quarter of next year because of it. On the 9.5 list but working almost 13 hours every Monday. I'm completely convinced that it's UPS's plan to force older drivers into early retirement so they can hire new meat at a 4-year progression to save money.
I would make Monday's numbers tank like no tomorrow.

barnyard

KTM rider
Forced from bottom up, next bid routes will be designated T-S

That is what is happening in my center. All the bids that have been hung since August have been Tu-Sa. They currently work M-friend, but have been told that by next summer, we will be delivering on Saturdays.

ManInBrown

I’ll happily work till 11pm every Monday. Beats working a Saturday IMO

35years

Gravy route
The 9.5 list also protects you against 13 hr days on the 2 days over 9.5. File (outside of peak)

Dhydratd

The 9.5 list also protects you against 13 hr days on the 2 days over 9.5. File (outside of peak)
Filing. UPS seems not to care. It's cheaper to pay the penalty than hire more full-time workers.
Better language is needed in the next contract.

MC0493

What a fun read. Rumor has it my center will get saturday sometime in 2018. Not looking forward to it as i'm towards the bottom and assume they'll be forcing from the bottom up. Routes are bid for life in my center.