Turning point coming

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
It's all public information The FDX 2023 Q2 earnings report will be due out either Thursday 3-16 or 3-17 We'll see if Raj is righting the ship or simply has it listing in the other direction.

As for Jim Cramer's Investing Club.... still seems to have no problem getting people to buy memberships. With the Federal Reserve no longer willing to carry the US economy around on it's back and some short term CD's paying 5% Old Jimmy's going to have hard time finding winning stocks. Proving once again that the Chairman Of The Reserve Board is the one who runs this country.

Yes, I check in with Cramer every morning and watch all or part of Mad Money most evenings but one broadcast I don't miss is Kenny Polcari and his morning commentary.
"There's a sucker born every minute"- P T Barnum

bacha29

I read that there is a fund created by some investor that does the opposite of what Cramer recommends. He has a horrible track record. It's rumored that Cramer deliberately pumps up stocks that are on the verge of failing so his investment buddies can pump and dump knowing those stocks are a bust.
Remember he manages a charitable trust where his on air and investment club earnings go into.
What I can tell you is that there is an ETF called SARK. It tracks the movements of Cathy Woods ARC Innovation ETF then shorts the stock she buys . It made money in it's early stages not doing so good lately.

zeev

Remember he manages a charitable trust where his on air and investment club earnings go into.
What I can tell you is that there is an ETF called SARK. It tracks the movements of Cathy Woods ARC Innovation ETF then shorts the stock she buys . It made money in it's early stages not doing so good lately.
Hope they don’t short to much Tesla not a bright future. Shorting guarantees almost unlimited losses. It’s not like Elon can land a rocket on an autonomous drone ship at sea.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
That’s a good article but they don’t touch on the Ground/Express merged operations, which is where all the “efficiency “ will supposedly be originating.
I'm surprised they didn't consult you so that you could vomit your usual spew on your crusade.

59 Dano

I honestly can’t tell if you are serious or just trolling because you are a very ignorant person who has been brainwashed. Just saying
Looks like we got started off on the wrong foot. Let's try it like this.

Is Express properly classified under the RLA, given the text of the RLA, court cases, and NLRA/NMB decisions? If not, what parts of the RLA text is it in conflict with, or what cases/decisions provide a credible argument against Express RLA classification?

MAKAVELI

59 Dano

Last edited:

MAKAVELI

And it says.... RLA for Express, as evidenced by the cases it cites. Thank you, I knew you'd come around!

Don't let MF see that. It will break his heart.

EDIT: No it won't. He'll just make more straw man arguments that aren't supported by anything other than his own agenda and then deny/ignore anything else.
.. The limit [on coverage] is that the carrier must have continuing authority to supervise and direct [its employees].
That quote will be the downfall of the RLA status when Network 2.0 and DRIVE are fully implemented.

MAKAVELI

And it says.... RLA for Express, as evidenced by the cases it cites. Thank you, I knew you'd come around!

EDIT: No it won't. He'll just make more straw man arguments that aren't supported by anything other than his own agenda and then deny/ignore anything else.
Everything in that article is about to be turned upside down along with FedEx's RLA status.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
.. The limit [on coverage] is that the carrier must have continuing authority to supervise and direct [its employees].
That quote will be the downfall of the RLA status when Network 2.0 and DRIVE are fully implemented

EDIT: No it won't. He'll just make more intelligent observations that conclude the "new and improved" FedEx Express should no longer be covered by the RLA because it no longer qualifies under the law.
What happens when 500 tons of straw drops on you from 40,000 feet?

yadig

Looks like we got started off on the wrong foot. Let's try it like this.

Is Express properly classified under the RLA, given the text of the RLA, court cases, and NLRA/NMB decisions? If not, what parts of the RLA text is it in conflict with, or what cases/decisions provide a credible argument against Express RLA classification?
Yes, back in the 70,s and again when challenged in the 90,s. Things are dramatically different now and it will be challenged again.

59 Dano

That quote will be the downfall of the RLA status when Network 2.0 and DRIVE are fully implemented.
What will change in regards to Express supervising and directing Express employees?

You spit out all sorts of hair splitting nonsense that has no substance and I wonder sometimes if you even grasp the basics of the issue. Sort belt legal analysis.

59 Dano

What happens when 500 tons of straw drops on you from 40,000 feet?
Then you'll tell us that another social media CEO stopped you in the hall and asked you to deliver another TED talk to his employees and you said you'd only do so if you could stand behind a curtain and disguise your voice.

Again.

59 Dano

Yes, back in the 70,s and again when challenged in the 90,s. Things are dramatically different now and it will be challenged again.
LOL, no they aren't. Express still does now what it did then.

The statute and what it means is fairly clear and simple. I don't know how you and others manage to read sooooooooooo much into it that isn't there, but you do.

bacha29

You guys can jaw about the upcoming legal battles if you want but I can tell you when the WAR is going to start.
Ground jocks gather around the contractor:. "Hey contractor. You've got us doing twice as many stops, moving twice as much freight, a day that's twice as long as those Express guys over there and you're paying us half the money they make and no benefits. And if we're supposed to be doing just Ground then what the hell is that air box doing in our trucks"?

It will spell the beginning of the end of the contractor model. And when it does then the RLA exemption will really be under fire.
So get your chips, dips and drinks ready because this is going to be a war.

Then again everybody laughed at and ridiculed me when I said 5 years ago that life for a FXG contractor was never going to get any better than it was at that moment and it was time to think about packing it in while the over priced offers were still abundant.

It will be fine

You guys can jaw about the upcoming legal battles if you want but I can tell you when the WAR is going to start.
Ground jocks gather around the contractor:. "Hey contractor. You've got us doing twice as many stops, moving twice as much freight, a day that's twice as long as those Express guys over there and you're paying us half the money they make and no benefits. And if we're supposed to be doing just Ground then what the hell is that air box doing in our trucks"?

It will spell the beginning of the end of the contractor model. And when it does then the RLA exemption will really be under fire.
So get your chips, dips and drinks ready because this is going to be a war.

Then again everybody laughed at and ridiculed me when I said 5 years ago that life for a FXG contractor was never going to get any better than it was at that moment and it was time to think about packing it in while the over priced offers were still abundant.
Lulz. The Express guy over there only works part-time. They don’t make a livable wage on Express alone and they need another job. It’s as much concern as losing drivers to package handling.