Turning point coming

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There are costs that are measured in more than payroll that can make $40K+ a bargain.

The problem with being a bean counter, is all you can count are beans.
True, I don't know why anyone would bother with the financial aspects of these things. I mean, it's only money.

59 Dano

The company doesn’t laugh at the number of accidents caused by drivers with less than a year experience and yet they seem hell bent on a model with high turnover.
The number of accidents caused by rookie drivers isn't an issue at Express now any more than it was 15 years ago.

59 Dano

Oh my bad, I forgot the company has been making service for the last 2 years. I forgot that making service is the only thing that actually matters at this company. Something managment has absolutely no hand in. And something that is done best when the courier has zero influence from managment/dispatch/engineering.
We get it, you're married to this old guy with paper maps trope and you're not going to let it go. It's all you've got.

59 Dano

Don’t worry the software that tells drivers how to run their routes will solve all service issues lol. We all know FedEx systems never go down. He’s in managment. You sit at a desk long enough you view the company through a spreadsheet. You start to view drivers as lazy A holes who are just trying to preserve their routes instead of experts in the area. It’s not his fault. It just happens.
I bet you really had a time when they moved the headlight dimmer from the floorboard to the steering column, didn't you? WHY IN TARNATION DIDN'T THEY LET IT ALONE???

floridays

The number of accidents caused by rookie drivers isn't an issue at Express now any more than it was 15 years ago.
I doubt your statement based on numbers of collisions/incidents. The percentage may be the same but with increasing turnover the number of actual collisions/incidents will increase.

For instance, 90% of all collisions/incidents may be attributed to rookies.
More turnover generally means more rookies, and a higher number of collisions/incidents than would be expected from veteran drivers.

You made the statement, back it up with numbers, or that is another number you pulled out of your ass.

Last edited:

yadig

Really? Lmao! We have damaged tractors and trailers everywhere! Maintenance will tell you that statement is very false!

yadig

Really? Lmao! We have damaged tractors and trailers everywhere! Maintenance will tell you that statement is very false
We get it, you're married to this old guy with paper maps trope and you're not going to let it go. It's all you've got.
I love how you respond with humiliating comments when you are wrong. Are you a trumper?

ExizFed

So how much longer til Express and Ground merge? Keep seeing more and more Ground stations being built in my state.

Aquaman

Really? Lmao! We have damaged tractors and trailers everywhere! Maintenance will tell you that statement is very false

I love how you respond with humiliating comments when you are wrong. Are you a trumper?
It’s all he has. He can’t actually acknowledge that couriers work better without him. That they make service perfectly fine when they’re in control of their routes. That drivers are faster when they aren’t following GPS. The ONLY thing this company needs to do for couriers is get them the freight on time. He knows that. He knows one 25 year courier is worth about 3 new hires. But when you’re the guy hiring for a low paying job that doesn’t train anymore. You’re always going to be on the side of making the job dumber.

bacha29

It’s all he has. He can’t actually acknowledge that couriers work better without him. That they make service perfectly fine when they’re in control of their routes. That drivers are faster when they aren’t following GPS. The ONLY thing this company needs to do for couriers is get them the freight on time. He knows that. He knows one 25 year courier is worth about 3 new hires. But when you’re the guy hiring for a low paying job that doesn’t train anymore. You’re always going to be on the side of making the job dumber.
People are creatures of habit. They want the same person, there at the same time everyday who is a familiar face. There is no substitute for regular interaction with daily stops. It's not the "you want fries with that" business Dano thinks it is.

59 Dano

I doubt your statement based on numbers of collisions/incidents. The percentage may be the same but with increasing turnover the number of actual collisions/incidents will increase.

For instance, 90% of all collisions/incidents may be attributed to rookies.
More turnover generally means more rookies, and a higher number of collisions/incidents than would be expected from veteran drivers.

You made the statement, back it up with numbers, or that is another number you pulled out of your ass.
You've just made a post about 90% of all collisions and incidents are attributed to rookies because there's been turnover and, in theory, veterans don't get involved in accidents -- and I'M the one making up numbers?

59 Dano

I'm sure there are some cashiers at the grocery store who whine and moan about how the self scan equipment can't do the job as good as they do, or ask elderly Mrs. Sneed how her cat is doing. "LET'S SEE YOUR FANCY ROBOT WHAT COUNTS UP THE GROCERIES DO THAT!"

Stop acting like you're splitting the atom.

59 Dano

People are creatures of habit. They want the same person, there at the same time everyday who is a familiar face. There is no substitute for regular interaction with daily stops. It's not the "you want fries with that" business Dano thinks it is.
It's not far from it. It takes a few months of experience to get it down, but really, that's about all there is to it. When I was a courier and later an ops manager, you could tell who was going to be OK (and who wasn't) after about 8 weeks on the route.