Turning point coming

It will be fine

It's not far from it. It takes a few months of experience to get it down, but really, that's about all there is to it. When I was a courier and later an ops manager, you could tell who was going to be OK (and who wasn't) after about 8 weeks on the route.
8 weeks? I’m rarely if ever surprised after 2 or 3.

yadig

Takes a little longer to sort out the work with the time commitments, but otherwise I'd say you're probably right. You should definitely see a big difference between week 3 and week 1.
Dano fixed the labor issues at FedEx! Way to go! Are we getting a step progression this year?

bacha29

It's not far from it. It takes a few months of experience to get it down, but really, that's about all there is to it. When I was a courier and later an ops manager, you could tell who was going to be OK (and who wasn't) after about 8 weeks on the route.
WOW! Courier to ops manager to Director Of Morning Coffee Procurement....and all in a matter of just 21 short years.
So what's next Dano? Fourth Assistant Vice President For Nonessential Operations? New title, same duties, but unfortunately....same pay.

floridays

You've just made a post about 90% of all collisions and incidents are attributed to rookies because there's been turnover and, in theory, veterans don't get involved in accidents -- and I'M the one making up numbers?
You lack in reading comprehension.

I picked a number out of my ass to make a point and used the word may to denote it was a random percentage.

I will use it as a solid number now, whether it is accurate or not.

90% of accidents/incidents committed by newbies 30 years ago is much less (numerically) than than the 90% committed currently simply because newbies are revolving in and out the door.

Veterans do have collisions/incidents, not to the extent of newbies however.

If the company wants inordinate collisions/incidents, don't remedy the revolving door problem.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
WOW! Courier to ops manager to Director Of Morning Coffee Procurement....and all in a matter of just 21 short years.
So what's next Dano? Fourth Assistant Vice President For Nonessential Operations? New title, same duties, but unfortunately....same pay.
Good work if you can get it!

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You lack in reading comprehension.

I picked a number out of my ass to make a point and used the word may to denote it was a random percentage.

I will use it as a solid number now, whether it is accurate or not.

90% of accidents/incidents committed by newbies 30 years ago is much less (numerically) than than the 90% committed currently simply because newbies are revolving in and out the door.

Veterans do have collisions/incidents, not to the extent of newbies however.

If the company wants inordinate collisions/incidents, don't remedy the revolving door problem.
Neither turnover or time in service have been shown to be a factor in the frequency (or rate, or percentage) of collisions/incidents.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Turning point? Tonight on Mad Money a caller called in and asked Cramer about buying some UPS stock. Cramer said that he would not comment on UPS either way until FDX earnings report comes out Thursday,
Well, so much for Cramer’s astuteness….

bacha29

oldngray

nowhere special
Notice the date of that post ...3-15-2022. And BTW, there's another earnings report coming out next Thursday or Friday. 3-16-17.
Where did you see that ?

Upon the news of SVB's collapse, a clip went viral of Cramer in February speaking positively about the bank in a list of "The Biggest Winners of 2023… So Far."

"The ninth-best performer here today is SVB financial. Don’t yawn," he told his viewers on Feb. 8. "This company is a merchant bank with a deposit base that Wall Street has been mistakenly concerned about!"

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Yea,still like to see what’s goin on ,even more so since I don’t have to deal with it
That’s a good article but they don’t touch on the Ground/Express merged operations, which is where all the “efficiency “ will supposedly be originating.

bacha29

Where did you see that ?

Upon the news of SVB's collapse, a clip went viral of Cramer in February speaking positively about the bank in a list of "The Biggest Winners of 2023… So Far."

"The ninth-best performer here today is SVB financial. Don’t yawn," he told his viewers on Feb. 8. "This company is a merchant bank with a deposit base that Wall Street has been mistakenly concerned about!"
It's all public information The FDX 2023 Q2 earnings report will be due out either Thursday 3-16 or 3-17 We'll see if Raj is righting the ship or simply has it listing in the other direction.

As for Jim Cramer's Investing Club.... still seems to have no problem getting people to buy memberships. With the Federal Reserve no longer willing to carry the US economy around on it's back and some short term CD's paying 5% Old Jimmy's going to have hard time finding winning stocks. Proving once again that the Chairman Of The Reserve Board is the one who runs this country.

Yes, I check in with Cramer every morning and watch all or part of Mad Money most evenings but one broadcast I don't miss is Kenny Polcari and his morning commentary.

oldngray

nowhere special
It's all public information The FDX 2023 Q2 earnings report will be due out either Thursday 3-16 or 3-17 We'll see if Raj is righting the ship or simply has it listing in the other direction.

As for Jim Cramer's Investing Club.... still seems to have no problem getting people to buy memberships. With the Federal Reserve no longer willing to carry the US economy around on it's back and some short term CD's paying 5% Old Jimmy's going to have hard time finding winning stocks. Proving once again that the Chairman Of The Reserve Board is the one who runs this country.

Yes, I check in with Cramer every morning and watch all or part of Mad Money most evenings but one broadcast I don't miss is Kenny Polcari and his morning commentary.
I'm still not seeing 3-15-2022 anywhere

Nothing you said contradicts Cramer making those comments last month either.

bacha29

I'm still not seeing 3-15-2022 anywhere

Nothing you said contradicts Cramer making those comments last month either.
Post 208 on 3-15-2022, Am I confusing you? It's March of 2022. And the Fedex Q2 of fiscal year 22-23 will be announced next week.
Now did you have money or stock in SVB? I didn't. So why should I care about what Jim Cramer does or does not say. And I'm NOT a member of his investing club. People with deposits of up to $250,000 will be insured. Got more than that in there?...That's the risk you agreed to take.

At it's peak SVB bank more than 170 billion in deposits. In order to meet on demand withdrawals it sold Treasuries and stock at a loss of 1.75 billion and it still couldn't keep up with the customer demand for withdrawals.

When Kenny Polcari said to buy short term treasuries and CD's until rates level off and new support levels are set...that's what i did.

In the meantime earlier this week Brian Sullivan had Scott Sheffield CEO of Pioneer Natural on. Brian was going easy on the guy letting him cry and sob the way they always do. But back at the front desk Becky Quick was getting tired of listening to it and so she pinned Sheffield down wanting to know what the break even production cost per barrel was for oil drillers. He tried his best to juke and wiggle his way out of it but Becky would have none of it. Finally, he had to come out and say it,....$39 a barrel.

fedx

Extra Large Package
Twitter "Inverse Cramer"

You can actually make money, doing the opposite of what Cramer suggests.

I read that there is a fund created by some investor that does the opposite of what Cramer recommends. He has a horrible track record. It's rumored that Cramer deliberately pumps up stocks that are on the verge of failing so his investment buddies can pump and dump knowing those stocks are a bust.