Twelve Step Program Experience ( On Topic Please)

Mutineer

Yes and some anonymous public forum to post AA steps and initiate “help” when no one asks for it.
Are you an AA reject too?
I will guess that Integrity is seeking serenity online so as not to interact with other addicts in-person.
I believe that when recovering addicts find each-other (such as in a meeting) they are also exposing themselves to greater risk of falling off the wagon due to the negative influence or temptation of another participant.

I also suspect that traditional, in-person 12 step meetings have been cancelled due to covid.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I have attended meetings during Covid. Not as frequently. There have been and still are many AA meetings on Zoom.

My experience is that AA has helped me to long term permanent sobriety, so far.

30 + years since drinking alcohol.

Mutineer

I have attended meetings during Covid. Not as frequently. There have been and still are many AA meetings on Zoom.

My experience is that AA has helped me to long term permanent sobriety, so far.

30 + years since drinking alcohol.
I respect your position regarding your struggle and what you have done to correct your behavior.

I also think it's terrible that some on this forum seek to belittle, mock, or condescend your therapy.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I respect your position regarding your struggle and what you have done to correct your behavior.

I also think it's terrible that some on this forum seek to belittle, mock, or condescend your therapy.
Well thank you for your kind words and support for what has worked for me.

I have learned that in situations like this and in other life situations what works for one doesn’t always work for another. I attribute my openness to various methods to my learning this.

I have been on the BC for about 10 years. I have come to accept that each person has their own motives for visiting and participating on this site. Some good, some not good and some in between.

Those with bad motives are clearly evident by how they treat others.

Those with good motives as well.

I honestly probably fall in between. I do sometimes get some sick pleasure from verbally jousting with those who I believe have bad motives. Not always but sometimes.

@Mutineer,
With this post you are one of the few, in all the 10!years, who have spoken out against some of the insults and criticisms that I get on a regular basis from some.

I so appreciate you for this and I appreciate your contributions to the BC.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Step 11
“Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with God as we understood Him, praying only for knowledge of His will for us and the power to carry that out.”

Integrity

Binge Poster
Step 12
“Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs.”