twin hill vs riverside

wornoutupser

I have the same complaints as the rest of the board about the new Chinese crap uniforms.

They do not fit correctly, I have buttons come off of the shirts on the first wash and the shorts are a joke. I am happy to take back shirts that have not been worn because of buttons falling off.
I truly laugh at the Atlanta idiot that bought this crap. It must be costing us a fortune in the long run to save a dime today. Typical UPS!

bigbrownman

Brown on Brown
I have a problem with twin hill long sleeved shirts not fitting right. I have XL's and the sleeves are way to short, and they don't fit right around my chest area, I find the top 3 buttons always coming undone after I do some heavy over 70 lifting. The short sleeves fit great though!!

rushfan

Riverside all the way!

Same here the sleeves don't fit right, and the pants when ordered to my size are way too tight (even though I'm in between package and feeders)

I've washed the twin hill shirts, and the die washes out so after a few washes, the brown has a greenish hue to it.

Same here the croch blows out, not due to flatulence.

Our center is having Mens warehouse fix the problems. IMHO, what a waste. We save money in the manufacture of the browns, yet we are paying them to fix their poor quality garments.

feeder53

ADKtrails
I have 1 set of Twin Hill, and they are faded and they do not fit right. I would think MGMT would have a handle on this and be working the issue......

McBrown

Slave To The Grind
I agree that the Twin Hill uni's are crap! The ever long "Mormon shorts" I wear had the hem come out in two pair on the first wear out of the bag! Spent the whole day after that having my knee catch on the extra fabric that was hanging down! I'd love to go back to Riverside!

Driver7906

I've absolutely had it with Twin Hill uniforms. Every other week I rip a pair of pants either in the crotch or seat. When the seat rips, it's not really even a rip. The seam just gives out and POPS and my ass winds up showing for the rest of the day. These uniforms don't last and they look like crap. Riverside made nothing but quality uniforms that lasted for years. Shame on UPS for lowering their standards on appearance switching to such an inferior product.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I've absolutely had it with Twin Hill uniforms. Every other week I rip a pair of pants either in the crotch or seat. When the seat rips, it's not really even a rip. The seam just gives out and POPS and my ass winds up showing for the rest of the day. These uniforms don't last and they look like crap. Riverside made nothing but quality uniforms that lasted for years. Shame on UPS for lowering their standards on appearance switching to such an inferior product.
Buy bigger pants?

Hope mine don't start popping. I go commando and am not sure what I would have to do.

Driver7906

Buy bigger pants?

Hope mine don't start popping. I go commando and am not sure what I would have to do.

I have ordered bigger pants and it still happens. The crotch of these cheap pants hangs too low and when you squat to lift a package, your knees spread apart and puts stress on the crotch of the pants. Also, your glutes flex and expand, which causes your ass to burst out of the seam of the pants.

I've considered writing a letter to corporate about the issue of these terrible uniforms and maybe getting as many drivers as possible to do the same. Not sure if it would make a difference but voices need to be heard and a point needs to be made.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Twin Hill is a Men's Wearhouse brand and they suck hard. I've had the metal clasp break on the pants (good thing I had a belt on) and belt loops break. The fabric used on the shirts is so thin that I've had the shirts rip near the buttons when bending over to pick up packages. Also my OMS put in an order for me with Twin Hill over two months ago and it hasn't arrived. They are telling my OMS it's backordered.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
You can order 3 pants the same size and each will fit differently. I hate to say it but the Chinese shirts fit better than the Kenyan shirts. At least Twin Hill sends us new stuff because Cintas used to send us used stuff.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
This subject has come up here a couple months ago. Along with what has already been said, I would like to add that the sizes are off---of course, running too small
:sad-little:
Yea, Us men need more room in the zipper area! Were UPS men, not some EMO pantywaists!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Twin Hill is horrible, I'm ordering some new stuff today. My belt loops wear out, the collars are horrible, and lately the left top of my shirts are wearing thin where my seatbelt rubs against it. Riverside is so much better than this garbage.

Has anyone noticed the poor quality of the new uniforms? I have Riverside clothes that is 5 years old and still in good condition, and I ordered some new pants, which have ripped out after the first or second time wearimg them, along with a ripped belt loop and button that popped off the front of the pants. Obviously UPS is saving money with Twin Hill in the short term, but over time will probably wind up costing more money, since the clothes dont last.
Riverside till I die.

Z

ZQXC

The employees at Riverside that made our UPS uniforms were proud of the final product, and their contribution.

I know this to be true.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
I've said plenty on other threads about Twin Hill's crappy products on other threads. Namely, the shoddy crotch stitching but, I've noticed a newer problem I've been wondering if anyone else has noticed.

I'm kinda tall (6'7") and I wear jacket shirts exclusively. I have to order these shirts in the "Tall" size. The newer tall sized shirts are indeed longer, but they are manufactured devoid of the necessary extra button to accommodate the extra length.

Summertime sucks because my shirt flys open at the bottom and my undershirt shows. I look like a cholo/clown. : (

Sent using Two Tin Cans Connected with String