Twin Hill uniforms

Box_Junkie

I recently ordered uniforms, the same size I wore through Cintas, from Twin Hill... Shirt was too long and too tight, shorts wouldn't even latch. Sooo I order a size bigger in each and the shirt is fine but kinda short and the shorts twin hill sent me were cintas this time so they are too big and the brown shade don't even match! wth. I noticed that cintas shorts reg length are the same as twin hill long and tall, but shirt wise twin hill long and tall is too long. Whats a man to do? Do they make half size in shorts? like 33, 35, 37, 39 etc?

over9five

Staff member
Yup, most of us have this problem with size differences between the 2 companies. UPS has to be throwing away a lot of money with this.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Riverside were the best Baba!! i scored a few pairs of used Riverside pants I found in the H.R Room in your OLD Building,was happy with that find !

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Just order three pairs of three sizes, send the other two back when you discover which fits best. The amount of time they spend trying to save a buck with uniforms boggles my mind. I mean cutting fat is one thing but cutting so far as to the sizes are 6 inches off and the color is green is a bit to far. Kinda like the Olympic uniforms having made in China tags on them sums it up.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
Lowest bidder that is all, UPS does not care about imagne anymore just save a penny if you can that is all that matters. Do the twin hill uniforms make us look bad, UPS mgmt. stop caring years ago, about the last time someone washed my truck.

UPSmeoff

I have the sizes figured out. I wear a 34 waist so i order 36.
What i have a problem with is the twin hill uniform shirts made in Kenya rather that China. The collars are so thin that they look awful after being washed. It looks like bubbles of fabric that even starch won't get rid of. Pieces of string hanging all over. You can actually see through the fabric it is that thin.
The China made uniforms look good compared to the ones made in Kenya.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The China made uniforms look good compared to the ones made in Kenya.

Yeap, I'm having the same problem with my collars. Just when you think the uniforms can't get any worse, they do.

I passed a Riverside truck on the expressway the other day, it made me sad....

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Let's do the math.
Riverside uniforms lasted years and color never faded. So say you ordered once every 2 years conservatively. Why? Because the uniforms lasted.
Twin Hill uniforms start to fade after the first wash. They wear thin after a few months and the seams often tear right out of the bag. You end up ordering perhaps 2-3 times a year. I am like on my third time ordering shirts because the pockets have holes in them and the collar is all frayed.
Does UPS really save that much money when you have to order 4-6 times as often? Seems unlikely.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Let's do the math.
Riverside uniforms lasted years and color never faded. So say you ordered once every 2 years conservatively. Why? Because the uniforms lasted.
Twin Hill uniforms start to fade after the first wash. They wear thin after a few months and the seams often tear right out of the bag. You end up ordering perhaps 2-3 times a year. I am like on my third time ordering shirts because the pockets have holes in them and the collar is all frayed.
Does UPS really save that much money when you have to order 4-6 times as often? Seems unlikely.

Same thing with the staplers.

satellitedriver

The size has not been an issue with me.
The color and quality is a damn big issue.
I ordered new shirts and shorts for the summer.
I had new socks.
When I looked at myself in the mirror I was shocked.
Three different shades of brown between the shirt, pants and socks,
then throw black shoes into the mix.
I look like a circus clown.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
The size has not been an issue with me.
The color and quality is a damn big issue.
I ordered new shirts and shorts for the summer.
I had new socks.
When I looked at myself in the mirror I was shocked.
Three different shades of brown between the shirt, pants and socks,
then throw black shoes into the mix.
I look like a circus clown.

Yup.....My CS looked at me the other day and said that I needed a new shirt. Pocket was worn through from seat belt and collar frayed. I said I have new shirts but my old faded shorts and my new shirts just look silly when worn at the same time. I told her that my shorts order has been screwed up twice and by the time that I do get them I won't need them anymore. So I will continue to wear my old, faded, frayed and torn uniform until such time as I have made my point.

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Color fading was an issue back in the late 70's - early 80's.
I knew one driver who always wore a mixed match outfit just to bug his manager.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I could care less what I look like we are already in crap brown uniforms if appearance actually mattered we would have something other than all brown. If you say everyone recognizes who we are because of the brown. Well please tell that to the 3 people a week that ask me if I'm ups or fed ex or the post office.