Twitter

Sammie

Us old people is the bomb yo. I smell jealousy oh and crystal meth

(Just happen to be a huge Breaking Bad and Dexter fan...)

And speaking of the lastest techno,

A Cheyenne, Wyoming father smashed his teenage daughter's cell phone with a hammer after she sent or received about 20,000 text messages in a month.

I have a face book account only because a friend posted some pics of her vacation and I wanted to see them. That was the one and only time I signed on. I looked at the Twitter page for the one mentioned in another thread on here, just to see what it was all about. I was underwhelmed at best. The format is ...well...just boring.

evilleace

I dont do any social networking I find it a waste of time if I want to talk to someone I will call them or go out with them I do agree that it is useful to keep in touch with people who are a long distance away.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
BTW, I wouldn't suggest checking Twitter.com right now. Wait until they get their security under control.

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm

Even with NOD32, Adaware, Spybot and Malwarebytes all running my computer has been infected with different malware/viruses twice this week via Twitter. That site has some major security issues...

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Twitter seems too boring to me. I have no interest in knowing what some other person is doing all the time. I have a Facebook account, but seldom look at it anymore because some people do post all day on it telling what they are doing all day. I have got in touch with a few people through it I haven't seen in decades though.

DS

Fenderbender
let's see addictive websites, chatrooms, virtual gambling halls, and now twitter. What's next , cheryl? Are you going to start peddling crack?:wink2:
methamphetimines available on request
and cell phone ringtones :)

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
If there are people I haven't seen or talked to in years, there's a reason why and I don't need to contact them now. No Twitter here.:dissapointed:

diesel96

Twittering is just one more step to having the borg mind. Every uninteresting banal common activity you are engaged in can now be shared with the world as you do it. For example : in the past , you might have gone to the bathroom and had the movement of a lifetime with a three foot log in the toilet bowl . You might have liked to share this precious moment with others, but common sense stepped in and you stopped yourself from going back to your restaurant table in order to invite other members of your party back to the scene of the crime so that they can view what you gave birth to.

Wow ! We can now twitter on the :censored2:ter.....I'm canceling my Nat Geo subscription....Cheryl coined the name "BROWN" Cafe, but thats known in my house for the room with the porcelin chair and the padded seat.....(twittering)-----> Is that corn ? :wink2:.....

fethrs

It's becoming the 800 pound gorilla in the room. I may glance at my
Facebook, MySpace or Twitter once a month and I joined them as a courtesy because other people asked me to, but I'm not active on
any of them. People use them now for stuff they used to call you for.
Want to come over for dinner? Better have read Twitter. And you're
right. Folks get cranky about this. Buddies send you little fantasy gifts
on Facebook like miracles or flowers or a tropical drink. And
if you don't return the favor within 30 seconds you're in deep do.

I just checked my Facebook for the heck of it. Does the rest of the world really care that somebody finished making a fruit salad for Easter? I don't get this either.

I feel the same way, i joined facebook to keep in touch with my family and I was "found" and "befriended" by other upsers I work with, I have about 100 invites and requests. I just want to be left alone, I am not going to play all these games and send people kisses and wishes and all that sappy crap.

moreluck

golden ticket member
"I just want to be left alone,"

Gee, FTHRS, maybe Greta Garbo knew what she was talking about when she said "I want to be alone."

fethrs

LOL... oops, I sound like I'm whining, I know better than that too. I know that I can't expect to be "left alone" when I accept friends on facebook and myspace. :whiteflag: I guess it's better than not having any friends at all. You got me on that one!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
BTW, I wouldn't suggest checking Twitter.com right now. Wait until they get their security under control.

Warning: Twitter Hit By StalkDaily Worm

Even with NOD32, Adaware, Spybot and Malwarebytes all running my computer has been infected with different malware/viruses twice this week via Twitter. That site has some major security issues...
I had no intention of twittering before but definately will not now. I don't have myface or spacebook either. LOL

I like BC and here is where I will stay.

P

pickup

My friend opened a facebook account(free) in order to view someone's pictures at that someone's urging. He had no interest in becoming married to the thing so he created a false name so that no one he knew would try to befriend him.
For if you go out there with your real name, you'll start being contacted by people you know now and knew from high school, etc. However, he linked it to his real email address(it is not shown, safe right?) Facebook allows others (who have your email address in their electronic address books ) to easily link the address books and search for people they know via their email addresses. End result: He now has 138 friends on facebook.

If you are going to join facebook to view relatives' videos and don't want the others that you know to know that you are a facebook member. Create a false name and create an new email address to link it to and don't tell anyone about that email address or use it to communicate with anyone.

Facebook is the best friend of those who in an earlier time, would have had to drag the projector and screen to their friends' houses in order to show them the slides of their trip to disney world. These are the same people who urge you to join so they can bombard you with pictures, videos, as well as urge you to join their pet causes like united way , walk for cancer etc.

Also, employers generally are given email addresses from their employees and they can easily check what their employees or potential employees are up to if they (employers and employees ) are members of facebook and the email address is the same as the one the employee used to open the account. Most of the time, the employer would still have to be granted friendship status to view the whole contents of a facebook page, but sometimes, the facebook account holder , for whatever reason, lowered the privacy settings, and as a result anyone can see what is going on on that person's facebook account

Last edited by a moderator: