Two MEANJ sleeper drivers passed away

PreTrippin’

Getting drunk and falling down
A few guys in package made that this year , doesn’t seem worth it for such a dangerous JOB
🧔‍♂️✊
Like has been said you can make the same as 50-60hrs in package for a 3 day run. But then there’s the epic hero sleepers that do 5k runs and bookend it with local work that crack 200k.

ManInBrown

I know you’re from the area brother, Is MEANJ their origin building or did they pull a load from there?
Origin building. Both were meadow drivers. As far as the poster that asked how much sleeper drivers make. $150k is on the low end. Many do it because they don’t live close to their hub so it’s easier to just drive to work once a week. How long had they been on the road someone mentioned. The wheels never stop moving. One sleeps, one drives. Except for short breaks to use bathroom. It’s actually not the future of UPS. They’re cutting a lot of sleeper jobs at many buildings and loads are going back on trains. Apparently the third party that handles the sleeper runs screwed everything up and drivers are all pissed off so the company is throwing in the towel on sleepers at many locations. The huge hubs will have tons of jobs but the buildings with a handful will be eliminated is the word on the street.

Johney

What packages are in these dangerous life threatening “ sleeper runs” ..Packages going across country? why not use a plane?
🧔‍♂️✊
I believe it’s to take more freight off the rail systems seeing as they can be so undependable. It’s tough on your body for sure. 4 days living out of a truck. Your time off for those days is spent in the back of a truck. I know one guy who did it(not sure if he still does)but man did he gain a crap ton of weight in just a year.

Like has been said you can make the same as 50-60hrs in package for a 3 day run. But then there’s the epic hero sleepers that do 5k runs and bookend it with local work that crack 200k.
The 6k+ runs make $200k without extra work. One guy picked up extra work shifting every other weekend (for double time) right at his 34-hour reset and pulled a 6k run. Made $260k. All so he could pay cash for a hellcat. I wouldn't do it, but I respect the :censored2: out of it.

Either way, the scary part about it is that a ton of new guys get stuck on these runs. Guys with zero experience and have driven less that a thousand miles in a tractor. Even worse, a higher seniority driver gets one of these guys and makes them run nights, exclusively. They think they're big :censored2: because of their number on a roster, when the best thing to do is split in the night somewhere to compensate for fatigue.

No idea about these two, but this news just sucks.