Two pay progressions? Atlantic supp

YourCO

I'm clearly missing something here, maybe one of yall can help me out. I see in the Master in Article 41 Section 2, that the pay rate for RPCD with just under two years in is $23/hr. However, when I look in the Atlantic supplement, Article 53 Section 1, it says 90% of top rate, which is about $34.60/hr. Which one should it really be? tia

I'm clearly missing something here, maybe one of yall can help me out. I see in the Master in Article 41 Section 2, that the pay rate for RPCD with just under two years in is $23/hr. However, when I look in the Atlantic supplement, Article 53 Section 1, it says 90% of top rate, which is about $34.60/hr. Which one should it really be? tia
Is that for a cover driver?

Ask @542thruNthru

Karma...

seems like the new union members get less money and a longer and cheaper progression to help pay for the older union members.....the contracts are for the good of the current members at the expense of future members...ups did similar to its management people and withheld cola raises (?) for many years....in effect management took pay cuts for many years.....so much for the partnership at ups........I doubt that carol will do otherwise..........an individual is on their own whether union or management....the old days are long gone and will not return.....que sera sera

Last edited:

542thruNthru

seems like the new union members get less money and a longer and cheaper progression to help pay for the older union members.....the contracts are for the good of the current members at the expense of future members...ups did similar to its management people and withheld cola raises (?) for many years....in effect management took pay cuts for many years.....so much for the partnership at ups........I doubt that carol will do otherwise..........an individual is on their own whether union or management....the old days are long gone and will not return.....que sera sera.
Lol

tenor-14.gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
seems like the new union members get less money and a longer and cheaper progression to help pay for the older union members.....the contracts are for the good of the current members at the expense of future members...ups did similar to its management people and withheld cola raises (?) for many years....in effect management took pay cuts for many years.....so much for the partnership at ups........I doubt that carol will do otherwise..........an individual is on their own whether union or management....the old days are long gone and will not return.....que sera sera

Old days sucked...Hoffa is retiring, a new sheriff in town...the Central States liabilities not hanging over negotiations...Starting hourly rate will be increasing because of the labor market with or without any negotiation...less redundancy high salary positions in the corporate offices...stock market riding high...Pilots, crew and mechanics will also be negotiating in 2023...management’s pension plan stuck in limbo... buy outs or lay offs galore for the senior partners ...

Good times are here again .... 🤩

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
You get paid according to the progression in your supplement.

Karma...

ok...another point....in many area ups is paying more than what the contract dictates...thats understandable given the labor/volume......so when ups is right-sized and better not bigger whats to curb ups from reverting back to the contract amounts ?.....and yet another point is why didnt the union negotiators see ahead when negotiating the amounts of the current contract ?......not very swift I say......maybe the new/next negotiators will be swifter.........

nWo

The new negotiators were all somewhat involved in the last negotiation. Some more than others. And I think it would be rather short sighted of the union to try to prevent UPS from paying more than contract minimum. A lot of the MRA aren't going anywhere.

cachmeifucan

So next contract can we get 1 dollar a year. And better pension increase. In my local they give extra 600 a month in pension for 30 years ft. On top of 108 per year. Im hopeful they give 400 extra for 25 years ft. I wanted to do 27 ft but i got to make it to 30 ft 15 more to go im almost 43 so 58 years old. With my pt pension im over 4000 a month.

Browntown2014

It’s $23.