Two weeks of Saturday Ground and... [on topic please]

DOK

The people saying this would lead to more full time drivers I'm sorry but LOL.

That's just not how ups does things. They'd rather pay us all 60 hours a week than hire 1 more guy.
Because hiring one more guy has an infinite amount of liability for the company; i.e. wages, benefits, pension, workers comp etc. Its just a chance they don't take unless absolutely necessary.

opie

They won't use PTers to deliver ground on Saturdays. Our FT drivers and union would never allow it. At least in my local they wouldn't. Plus many PTers would balk at doing ground work, even if it pays ground rate. They just want to work their 3 to 4 hours and go home for the rest of the weekend.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They won't use PTers to deliver ground on Saturdays. Our FT drivers and union would never allow it. At least in my local they wouldn't. Plus many PTers would balk at doing ground work, even if it pays ground rate. They just want to work their 3 to 4 hours and go home for the rest of the weekend.

He was talking about air drivers.

8 Hour Day

All drivers on Saturday are full timers. Coding 06. Thankfully, it's gotten a little smoother, but I can't see how this is profitable. I drove 140 miles, delivered 115 residential stops. Worked 12.5 hours.

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine was done at 2... a 5 hour day.

This is a mess.

...still, it's easier than a Monday.