uncertified irreg train

boxxy

My friend got caught the other night driving an irreg train while there were like 3 people in the building and he's not certified

Some guy he's never seen asked if he was OSHA certified to be driving it. How much trouble could he get in if the dude was serious?
I told him he was just trying to scare him.

DriverNerd

just cruising around
He just hopped on equipment he wasn't trained for because he was too lazy to walk? I certainly don't see this as a terminable offense as you can just play dumb, but I still don't understand why he was on it. It's not exactly a complicated device. My irreg "certification" was "this is the brake, gas, and horn. Great! Now you're certified" from my supervisor years ago.

Est.1998

He just hopped on equipment he wasn't trained for because he was too lazy to walk? I certainly don't see this as a terminable offense as you can just play dumb, but I still don't understand why he was on it. It's not exactly a complicated device. My irreg "certification" was "this is the brake, gas, and horn. Great! Now you're certified" from my supervisor years ago.
Same plus i had to watch a video.
Management had me sign a card which they placed in plastic and told me to keep.
I have no idea what happened to that card.

quad decade guy

No man...he was PLAYING on it! No different than running on a belt or popping wheelies on a tug.

What will happen? We'll see....someone has to know or care. For example: unauthorized riders here(vehicle) is a cardinal sin(permanent no recourse termination).

I won't get into how dangerous horseplay can be.

DriverNerd

No man...he was PLAYING on it! No different than running on a belt or popping wheelies on a tug.

What will happen? We'll see....someone has to know or care. For example: unauthorized riders here(vehicle) is a cardinal sin(permanent no recourse termination).

I won't get into how dangerous horseplay can be.
Well, I did ask what he was doing on it and the answer was "just cruising around". Not exactly what that implies or why he was doing it. I don't know any hourly here that would care enough to rat on someone about randomly riding around on a tram. Unless of course they were being dangerous. Management on the other hand...

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
My friend got caught the other night driving an irreg train while there were like 3 people in the building and he's not certified

Some guy he's never seen asked if he was OSHA certified to be driving it.

OSHA certified.... to drive an irreg tug ?

Since when ?

Every supplement has that language.

Even though it is listed as a "cardinal sin" it is still subject to the grievance procedure.

Karma...

One has to be PITO trained and qualified and be consistent with all the procedures including pre/post trips....Its a serious license and responsibility to operate "tugs".......Keter auditors always check the documentation along with observations......

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.
Post reported...

....to OSHA.
They aren't welcome around these parts...

giphy.gif