Uneasy About OLCC

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know ops managers who got warning letters as a courier. So not getting promoted because of an OLCC seems unlikely.
It's not unlikely, it is simply wrong. Anyone who tells you an OLCC can keep you from getting a promotion is either a liar or an idiot, if not both.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
There are times when a manager's judgment can be the difference between an OLCC (which is basically nothing and not signing just takes reading it to the employee in front of a witness) or a letter. If I had someone that was just trying to make things harder I'd just go ahead and give them the letter. No sense wasting my time.
That's awesome.

falcon back

It's not unlikely, it is simply wrong. Anyone who tells you an OLCC can keep you from getting a promotion is either a liar or an idiot, if not both.
Before I retired, my station's internal posting for FT upgrades, swing positions and most any other postings specified NO OLCC. Wouldn't you consider getting FT or becoming a swing driver a promotion if you are a PT courier or a PT handler bidding on a courier position?

Basement Dweller

Maybe I'm mistaking OLCCs for warning letters, but I'm not really sure if they're the same thing or not. I know managers don't dish out warning letters for attendance anymore because of the extreme labor shortage. They're just happy if you show up one day a week.

yadig

O
Before I retired, my station's internal posting for FT upgrades, swing positions and most any other postings specified NO OLCC. Wouldn't you consider getting FT or becoming a swing driver a promotion if you are a PT courier or a PT handler bidding on a courier position?
When did you retire?

yadig

I wipe my axx with olcc, warning letters and performance reminders. Management is too ignorant to catch employees!

fedex_rtd

They will be used against you down the road if they see a reason to get rid of you. I had HR bring items up that were over 3 years old that were just a discussion between myself and a manager about dispatch, when they were after me.