Uneasy About OLCC

yadig

We need MF and/or some of his cronies to come back and tell us that an OLCC is worse than a warning letter and that you should never acknowledge one and they are only used to target you for termination and that you should spend hundreds of dollars to hire a lawyer and so forth.
Those were the days!
I don’t sign or acknowledge olcc! Management will tell you it’s no big deal it doesn’t mean anything. I always ask them why give me one? It’s no big deal right?

dezguy

LOL they don't mean anything. Meanwhile, I once had a manager try to bully me into signing one by telling me if I didn't sign, he couldn't guarantee I would get a pay cheque that week.

They don't mean anything yet they want you to acknowledge them. 🙄

btrlov

My manager is extremely good to us. A few times when I missed my break she has gone into the system and adjusted to avoid break violations. Yes, I know what that is and it’s wrong.

Yesterday, after a pretty successful stretch, I miscalculated my start time and should have taken a break when I thought it wasn’t needed because I’d not go past six hours.

Fair is fair, I guess, and she’s giving me an OLCC. My fear is that it’ll happen again, knowing myself. Setting multiple alarms on my phone has worked very well. Still bugs me.

If a letter disappears after a year, does an OLCC ever fade away?
this question has been addressed many times in this forum. Perhaps u have an anxiety problem because u know damn well what an olcc means and what it does mean

MassWineGuy

this question has been addressed many times in this forum. Perhaps u have an anxiety problem because u know damn well what an olcc means and what it does mean
What’s it mean?

As for the topic being covered before, my questions are like all great poems. They’re not written. They’re re-written.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I don’t sign or acknowledge olcc! Management will tell you it’s no big deal it doesn’t mean anything. I always ask them why give me one? It’s no big deal right?
I love how people refuse to sign them.

When I was in ops management, every now and then someone would refuse. I would respectfully ask them why they wouldn't -I certainly couldn't make them sign- out of sincere curiosity. It boiled down to either they thought that it didn't count if they didn't sign (which isn't true) or some silly attempt to exercise power (like a bald man fighting over a comb).

I thanked them for their honesty, called in another ops manager, had them verify that the OLCC was presented to and explained to the employee, and that the employee refused to acknowledge.

So glad to be away from that stupid :censored2:.

MassWineGuy

Thus far, the only thing I didn’t sign was the statement saying that I was responsible for slipping on ice on a poorly lighted asphalt parking lot at night and breaking my wrist. It’s simply a refusal to willingly go along with company bs.

Nolimitz

Thus far, the only thing I didn’t sign was the statement saying that I was responsible for slipping on ice on a poorly lighted asphalt parking lot at night and breaking my wrist. It’s simply a refusal to willingly go along with company bs.
So why not dispute it in writing?

btrlov

I love how people refuse to sign them.

When I was in ops management, every now and then someone would refuse. I would respectfully ask them why they wouldn't -I certainly couldn't make them sign- out of sincere curiosity. It boiled down to either they thought that it didn't count if they didn't sign (which isn't true) or some silly attempt to exercise power (like a bald man fighting over a comb).

I thanked them for their honesty, called in another ops manager, had them verify that the OLCC was presented to and explained to the employee, and that the employee refused to acknowledge.

So glad to be away from that stupid :censored2:.
OLCCS are in workday now, very easy not to acknowledge being that some people are incompetant at remembering thier log on info.

Basement Dweller

OLCCS are in workday now, very easy not to acknowledge being that some people are incompetant at remembering thier log on info.
Managers will just pull you to the side and reset your password on the spot, then watch you to make sure you sign off on the OLCC. Unsigned OLCCs on workday will automatically notify senior managers, who in turn pester their ops managers to get them done. That said, OLCCs don't mean anything anymore except to remind you of your "failures" when it comes to any possible promotion. I've had OLCCs from ncns, swearing at managers, and yeeting a pelican box because the stupid cheap plastic handle broke off and 80 pounds landed straight on my knee.

P1 Failure

There are positive and negative OLCC’s. My manager has giving me through the years positive OLCC’s for different reasons but I’ve had my fair share of negative ones as well. Just don’t get too many negative ones about the same thing cuz that will more than likely lead to a letter. We all know how fun that is.

Maui

I know ops managers who got warning letters as a courier. So not getting promoted because of an OLCC seems unlikely.
It doesn't have any impact whatever. Hiring managers don't have access to the OLCC Hist. There's no manager packet any longer, but they haven't been included since ASPIRE about 10 years ago.

Those that refuse to sign when it's clear they need coaching - attendance, punctuality, break violations are clowning. There are times when a manager's judgment can be the difference between an OLCC (which is basically nothing and not signing just takes reading it to the employee in front of a witness) or a letter. If I had someone that was just trying to make things harder I'd just go ahead and give them the letter. No sense wasting my time.

!Retired!

Curious, wouldn't that have been a letter, not an OLCC for being preventable?
There are positive and negative OLCC’s. My manager has giving me through the years positive OLCC’s for different reasons but I’ve had my fair share of negative ones as well. Just don’t get too many negative ones about the same thing cuz that will more than likely lead to a letter. We all know how fun that is.
Meh, I've gotten my share of letters also. One year I had 2, where a 3rd would have been termination. I actually should have had a third, but my SM was able to prove to the DM that it wasn't warranted. Only because the offending parties told the truth.