Unethical Tactics Management Uses to Retaliate Against and Harass Drivers

BrownStains

Ups management is a joke. What do these people do for us beside walk around and try to intimidate or harass us over some bs? It’s ridiculous

BrownStains

With the exception of someone telling a driver to slow down, that’s how it used to be. You were left alone and given the benefit of the doubt if you were consistently competent and on time in the AM and not a troublemaker, bitching over minor BS all the time. But times have changed. Management was always shady at times, but there was some integrity. No more. When I started, virtually all On Cars and most Center Managers were former Teamsters. No longer the case, and it’s made a huge difference in the relationship between hourly and management IMO.
Now they hire whoever off the streets , it’s not like there is any qualifications . You have some noob that is a helper or somthing and next thing you know he’s in management trying to tell 20+ year vets what to do. They get away with it and it’s sickening .

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Now they hire whoever off the streets , it’s not like there is any qualifications . You have some noob that is a helper or somthing and next thing you know he’s in management trying to tell 20+ year vets what to do. They get away with it and it’s sickening .
Drivers with 15-20 or more years were never messed with years ago. Now they want you gone.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Drivers with 15-20 or more years were never messed with years ago. Now they want you gone.
Reason being if seniority driver is terminated, the driver is replaced with someone on a lower scale wage. It's a feather in the cap of the supervisor who is able to dismiss a driver and save the company some money. Sups have no compassion about driver or the driver's family, only about scoring points for themselves to move up the ladder.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Management is management, that's how it works in every company under the sun. You are not entitled to do what ever you want because you have been an employee at UPS for 20+ years. You would be surprised how much you don't know as an hourly employee on how the business runs.

542thruNthru

Management is management, that's how it works in every company under the sun. You are not entitled to do what ever you want because you have been an employee at UPS for 20+ years. You would be surprised how much you don't know as an hourly employee on how the business runs.
Yes but from what @TearsInRain says you OP managers have no idea how to run the buisness either lol.

35years

Gravy route
Back to the OP's point...
Yes this stuff happens, and worse.

The way for any driver to protect himself is to never lie or coverup. Just have an attitude that yes, I mess up and report it immediately. Even if it is a plant.

They plant a package on your truck after closing time? Call them and take a missed.

It is hard to prove something that is not true. Even for dishonest supervisors.

browned out

This is all true. And many of us could add more to it. Don’t listen to those that doubt it. They simply haven’t seen most of it yet. Or work in “The BOG.”
The most egrigous retaliation tactic that dishonest, workplace violence inflicting, bullying managers use is forcing other employees to write false statements regarding a Coworker.

This has happened numerous times whether it be at UPS Airlines i.e.: pilot D. G., our small center,(multiple times) or the fabricated workplace violence no tolerance discharge in Fort Wayne against ups employee L. R.

When 2 or 3 employees write statements stating another employee is dishonest, creating a hostile work environment, etc.; The state panel, arbitrators, OSHA investigators, and the courts have all accepted the false statements as truth.

Look up L.R.'s case in Fort Wayne and D G's UPS Airline Captain's case in Louisville and Anchorage.

These are not isolated events or outliers.
This is the culture of many in ups management.

UPS' pitting multiple hourly employees against single hourly employees has been proven. UPS has the proof. UPS has coerced/blackmailed or forced employees under duress to write false statements.

Ihatebrown

After working for UPS for over 20 years I have witnessed how managers retaliate and have been retaliated against. It's horrible how petty these people are.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
The most egrigous retaliation tactic that dishonest, workplace violence inflicting, bullying managers use is forcing other employees to write false statements regarding a Coworker.

This has happened numerous times whether it be at UPS Airlines i.e.: pilot D. G., our small center,(multiple times) or the fabricated workplace violence no tolerance discharge in Fort Wayne against ups employee L. R.

When 2 or 3 employees write statements stating another employee is dishonest, creating a hostile work environment, etc.; The state panel, arbitrators, OSHA investigators, and the courts have all accepted the false statements as truth.

Look up L.R.'s case in Fort Wayne and D G's UPS Airline Captain's case in Louisville and Anchorage.

These are not isolated events or outliers.
This is the culture of many in ups management.

UPS' pitting multiple hourly employees against single hourly employees has been proven. UPS has the proof. UPS has coerced/blackmailed or forced employees under duress to write false statements.
You need a mental checkup.
There’s something seriously wrong with you and the wording of this jibberish proves that.
TBI maybe?

Capt Greene

You need a mental checkup.
There’s something seriously wrong with you and the wording of this jibberish proves that.
TBI maybe?
It appears Line-and-initial is too complicated given their limited vernacular to process precise information above one’s reading level. Line-and-initial’s slanderous defamation against a truth teller comes off as either a “bonafide lunatic” or a repeat offender that’s UPS Modus Operandi 101 of a management troll attempting to divide & conquer solidarity from those of us that dare speak the truth of nothing more than a modern day sweat shop. These types laugh in labor’s faces, convincing himself we don’t see through the rhetoric. Things that make you say hmm 🤔 like UPS spinners attempting to SEQUESTER & CONCEAL the TRUTH of UPS’ nefarious Corporate Culture of how UPS managers & the criminals at the top are directing the Company be ran by ordering & implementing abuse of a dysfunctional corporate culture of workplace violence & retaliation against labor as UPS’ primary methodology of labor containment.

Mr. DD, another high paid UPS lobbyist, falsely alleges:

“Have Integrity in everything you do & say, integrity beyond reproach.

Integrity is not just a word it’s a way of life. That’s what we say at UPS.”

Voluminous amounts of evidence “Beyond Reasonable Doubt” proves integrity is just hypocritical lip service at UPS with borders that does not apply to UPS leadership & is a forbidden trait in UPS managers. At UPS words like: Integrity, Truth, Honesty, Loyalty, etc. are
589F241E-E2DA-4CE5-BD27-E74A5E4A7DF9.png
empty words that no longer have meaning because UPS is a Company that enforces a “DO AS I say, NOT AS I DO” Corporate Culture, rather than a “LEAD BY EXAMPLE” ideology.

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
It appears Line-and-initial is too complicated given their limited vernacular to process precise information above one’s reading level. Line-and-initial’s slanderous defamation against a truth teller comes off as either a “bonafide lunatic” or a repeat offender that’s UPS Modus Operandi 101 of a management troll attempting to divide & conquer solidarity from those of us that dare speak the truth of nothing more than a modern day sweat shop. These types laugh in labor’s faces, convincing himself we don’t see through the rhetoric. Things that make you say hmm 🤔 like UPS spinners attempting to SEQUESTER & CONCEAL the TRUTH of UPS’ nefarious Corporate Culture of how UPS managers & the criminals at the top are directing the Company be ran by ordering & implementing abuse of a dysfunctional corporate culture of workplace violence & retaliation against labor as UPS’ primary methodology of labor containment.

Mr. DD, another high paid UPS lobbyist, falsely alleges:

“Have Integrity in everything you do & say, integrity beyond reproach.

Integrity is not just a word it’s a way of life. That’s what we say at UPS.”

Voluminous amounts of evidence “Beyond Reasonable Doubt” proves integrity is just hypocritical lip service at UPS with borders that does not apply to UPS leadership & is a forbidden trait in UPS managers. At UPS words like: Integrity, Truth, Honesty, Loyalty, etc. are View attachment 381120empty words that no longer have meaning because UPS is a Company that enforces a “DO AS I say, NOT AS I DO” Corporate Culture, rather than a “LEAD BY EXAMPLE” ideology.
I understood 9 words in that post.

govols019

You smell that?
This is all true. And many of us could add more to it. Don’t listen to those that doubt it. They simply haven’t seen most of it yet. Or work in “The BOG.”

I’ve been a victim of a few of those tactics. Some of my coworkers have too. I know, or know of, drivers in other centers that have experienced the rest. But a perfect example of management and the union conspiring against an hourly was back in 2014 when RA (initials instead of full name) was fired.

You mean the guy that got fired, was reinstated and then the firing was upheld because he couldn't keep his mouth shut on social media?