Unfair DQ from Intergrad atlanta

Shift

Ive been at UPS for 8 years and have done package carwash and shifting for 5. I went to inergrad atlanta last week and the trainer told me I failed the driving test but the driving test was at 11:10am and they had scheduled my flight at 09:40am. Can they do that? The trainer was picking on me all week and was looking for a reason to fail me...
That' sucks. I'm actually a pt shifter been with the company 8.5 yrs shifting for 3.5 and I'm going to Atlanta for intergrad as a cover driver in a few weeks. I hope I have a better experience.

F

Frankie's Friend

20180411_235150.jpg

Oh @Dragon ...here dragon dragon dragon boy.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

That' sucks. I'm actually a pt shifter been with the company 8.5 yrs shifting for 3.5 and I'm going to Atlanta for intergrad as a cover driver in a few weeks. I hope I have a better experience.

Your experience at Integrad will depend entirely on your preparation before and attitude while you are there.

UPeopleSuck

Your experience at Integrad will depend entirely on your preparation before and attitude while you are there.

Know your 5s & 10s inside and out and meet the uniform and appearance guidelines, it will be near impossible to fail if you are a moderately competent human being who puts forth an honest effort.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Ive been at UPS for 8 years and have done package carwash and shifting for 5. I went to inergrad atlanta last week and the trainer told me I failed the driving test but the driving test was at 11:10am and they had scheduled my flight at 09:40am. Can they do that? The trainer was picking on me all week and was looking for a reason to fail me...
I challenge that “trainer” to pull a route for a month without using the bullship code that makes them scratch. Bunch of lying POS.

wide load

I visited an intergrad. I wasn’t impressed. It’s a pretend driving school of UPS’s “interpretations” of what we deal with. Delivering to a cardboard cut out is not the same.

Box Ox

I was asking questions to learn and he was getting mad saying i was challenging him and at one point went back and forth where i told him "im asking questions to learn not to challenge you.

Probably best to shut the :censored2: up and pretend you're trying to make book, because you basically are. "Yes sir", "No sir", "Whatever you'd like, sir".

wide load

No, it’s not, but at least the training has been standardized.
But they are missing some crucial aspects of it. My favorite was when they showed the truck with plexiglass sides to train on package selection. My first thought was, why aren’t they teaching this kids with a blown out P1000?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

But they are missing some crucial aspects of it. My favorite was when they showed the truck with plexiglass sides to train on package selection. My first thought was, why aren’t they teaching this kids with a blown out P1000?

Suppose you were a first day hire and your trainer pointed to a blown out P1000—would you have turned around and walked out or would you have given it your best shot?

While I do concede that they do baby the newbies, I disagree that they should be thrown to the wolves on their first day.

wide load

Suppose you were a first day hire and your trainer pointed to a blown out P1000—would you have turned around and walked out or would you have given it your best shot?

While I do concede that they do baby the newbies, I disagree that they should be thrown to the wolves on their first day.
Or how about building them close to it. I’ve asked every intergrad graduate the same thing when they look at a blasted truck. “Did you ever see that at intergrad?” The answer is ALWAYS “NO WAY!”
I just think UPS is losing a learning opportunity.

dudebro

I visited an intergrad. I wasn’t impressed. It’s a pretend driving school of UPS’s “interpretations” of what we deal with. Delivering to a cardboard cut out is not the same.

I guess the Marines should just give up whatever it is they do out there on Parris Island. The training just isn't the same...

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Or how about building them close to it. I’ve asked every intergrad graduate the same thing when they look at a blasted truck. “Did you ever see that at intergrad?” The answer is ALWAYS “NO WAY!”
I just think UPS is losing a learning opportunity.

When I went to driving school it was two weeks long and we rode with a bid route driver one day per week. I had 10 years in at that point and while I did pick up some pointers from him he in turn learned a lot from me.

wide load

I guess the Marines should just give up whatever it is they do out there on Parris Island. The training just isn't the same...
Do you know what the training entails? Hmmm, oxygen deprivation, live rounds, tear gas training. Yeah I could see where you would confuse UPS and MCRD. Smh. You might win this weeks award btw. It’s only Sunday!!!

wide load

When I went to driving school it was two weeks long and we rode with a bid route driver one day per week. I had 10 years in at that point and while I did pick up some pointers from him he in turn learned a lot from me.
Bet it was more knowledgeable than writeoffgrad.

john chesney

You’re not the guy who was asking if it’s ok to show up in dread locks are you?