Unfair DQ from Intergrad atlanta

dudebro

Do you know what the training entails? Hmmm, oxygen deprivation, live rounds, tear gas training. Yeah I could see where you would confuse UPS and MCRD. Smh. You might win this weeks award btw. It’s only Sunday!!!

Yea, with the key difference that no one is actually trying to KILL them in MCRD. /s. This is what you would say on any company training. It's not the same in the field.

I was making a point that SIMULATING the field seems to work for the soldiers who make their living in life and death situations, so it's probably reasonable to assume training has some beneficial effect for people just bringing boxes with sweaters in them to front doors.

john chesney

He told me I failed the driving test. But thats not true because my flight was scheduled before the driving test. I was asking questions to learn and he was getting mad saying i was challenging him and at one point went back and forth where i told him "im asking questions to learn not to challenge you. Its not an ego thing." When i said that he took my scanner and told me to basically go stand away from everyone. I tried to apologize later and told him I know id be a good package car driver and im just trying to learn and that :censored2: him off too. Everything i said offended him. The director said when they were dqing me "i have no doubt youd be a good package car driver. I fail ppl who would make good package car drivers all the time and i pass people that wouldnt. We have standards"

They didnt give me a fair chance. The only way they could fail me is to make something up because I was doing well. It was my last test and they had already scheduled the flight before the test.
Right or wrong sounds like he didn’t like your attitude.Im not saying you’re wrong it just seems like he didn’t like you. I’d file a grievance if they failed you on strictly the driving part and booked your flight before test I think that’s wrong

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Yea, with the key difference that no one is actually trying to KILL them in MCRD. /s. This is what you would say on any company training. It's not the same in the field.

I was making a point that SIMULATING the field seems to work for the soldiers who make their living in life and death situations, so it's probably reasonable to assume training has some beneficial effect for people just bringing boxes with sweaters in them to front doors.
But at least The Marines make the training as close to the real thing without the death. FYI, a wax bullet still hurts like hell and leaves a permanent and unforgettable mark.

dudebro

But at least The Marines make the training as close to the real thing without the death. FYI, a wax bullet still hurts like hell and leaves a permanent and unforgettable mark.

We'll agree that Integrad should incorporate a "package shooter" to randomly fire 280 packages into each car to make this part of the job more realistic...

F

Frankie's Friend

Suppose you were a first day hire and your trainer pointed to a blown out P1000—would you have turned around and walked out or would you have given it your best shot?

While I do concede that they do baby the newbies, I disagree that they should be thrown to the wolves on their first day.
They only get 75% the first week einstein.
When I went to driving school it was two weeks long and we rode with a bid route driver one day per week. I had 10 years in at that point and while I did pick up some pointers from him he in turn learned a lot from me.
We didn't have "two weeks of school" until the late 90's.
I rode with a ft driver for 2 days. That was all the training we got besides the two days signing forms and watching videos.

CanOSup

One of them
I challenge that “trainer” to pull a route for a month without using the bullship code that makes them scratch. Bunch of lying POS.

Supervisors dont change the code when required to pull a route. Its based on the Employee GEMs code, and the company would never reclassify them as an employee..unless performing their 30 days in a free hire period.

It shows as scratch for fairness to both sides. If paying a grievance for doing Union work it should go off the Plan day as typically I am quicker than the plan day as we all are salary and im not spending one extra minute doing someone elses job just to pay a union member for it....It actually benefits you in that cirumstance..

CanOSup

One of them
He told me I failed the driving test. But thats not true because my flight was scheduled before the driving test. I was asking questions to learn and he was getting mad saying i was challenging him and at one point went back and forth where i told him "im asking questions to learn not to challenge you. Its not an ego thing." When i said that he took my scanner and told me to basically go stand away from everyone. I tried to apologize later and told him I know id be a good package car driver and im just trying to learn and that :censored2: him off too. Everything i said offended him. The director said when they were dqing me "i have no doubt youd be a good package car driver. I fail ppl who would make good package car drivers all the time and i pass people that wouldnt. We have standards"

They didnt give me a fair chance. The only way they could fail me is to make something up because I was doing well. It was my last test and they had already scheduled the flight before the test.

Did you actually go out on the Road?? If they scheduled your flight at 9 and the test at 11 did you fly out at 9 or drive at 11...? If you actually drove on that day and got a later flight I dont see how thats not a fair chance. Also I believe there are two On Road days at integrad, perhaps your performance on the first day was enough to DQ you before the final day. Just a thought.

oldngray

nowhere special
Did you actually go out on the Road?? If they scheduled your flight at 9 and the test at 11 did you fly out at 9 or drive at 11...? If you actually drove on that day and got a later flight I dont see how thats not a fair chance. Also I believe there are two On Road days at integrad, perhaps your performance on the first day was enough to DQ you before the final day. Just a thought.

I'm thinking they already decided he wouldn't make it even without a road test. Some people its obvious they aren't getting it. They wouldn't need a road test to DQ him.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

What did you learn from this?