Unfair Production Standards

UnconTROLLed

perfection
His choices are Double Quarter Pounders instead of a salad. He has said this himself. I realize it is a tough situation. On the road a lot, eating meetings, ect. He really needs to be careful. I am worried.

IN all seriousness I do not have sympathy for those who choose to do the wrong thing. I do sympathize with those that are affected by others that do the wrong thing.

To 804, I do not care either way, my point stands. Let it go, there was no need for you to post anything in his defense...I'm sure the man could care less what anyone thinks, that is why he intentionally poisons himself

dqs95124

what new hires. we haven't hired any for 5yrs.. the layoff list goes to 4 yrs.. Cutting cars and b/c we are "COVER' divers can't file 9.5. I looked at the stupid sticker. and my head went down. for the $ that was wasted.. B/c they don't back us when it counts. Those guy's on layoff would be back. if UPS keep my hrs. down. we are the only one. (drivers) that get O/T which I do not want.. Uncle Sam takes it all. I'm not rich enough to get write offs..

BrownArmy

Last word from the center manager on the PCM last Thursday was...

"And since you're all on the clock and getting paid now, take the stickers off. Seriously. I'm not joking."

(Sound of crickets).

He seemed honestly upset.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

"And since you're all on the clock and getting paid now, take the stickers off. Seriously. I'm not joking."

(Sound of crickets).

Was this B.T.? I can imagine being at that PCM

We were told by 25 that they could be worn anywhere in the building on or off clock, but not on-road.

(Sound of crickets).

I'm thinking it must have been a while since he's been laid. Too much pent up aggression is no good for anybody.

UPSSOCKS

This was a joke much like the Teamsters as a whole. It was the perfect day for UPS. All the crappy, worthless workers called off. Can you all schedule another one of these next week? Let's shoot for Thursdays.

UPSSOCKS

95% of our guys n gals wore the stickers. It was not viewed as anything other than a show of unity toward a common goal of common sense production rates. It's never easy to get all the boats rowing the same way at the same time, but if we can't as ups hourlies agree on the production issue as a rallying call, what else could be more unifying? To me the stickers, while not outrightly solving the issue, served as a visual aid for management to verify that the seeds of discontent are planted, and are now sprouting.

I was proud to wear mine, and was rewarded the next day with the biggest dispatch I'd had in 90 days. That tells me that they saw my sticker, which is all I expected at this point.

That sticker should make you proud. You paid for it. Lot's of people feel proud when they where stickers, mostly first graders but there's no law no that sets an age limit on sticker pride. Power to the people!!!!

UPSSOCKS

EVEN TONY.D OR STEVE.M OR BILL.B OR MANGO- OR ANGELO CAN NOT BE THIS STUPID:surprised: SO YOU MUST BE THE LABOR MANAGER MATT.H :sad-very::sad-very::sad-very::sad-very::sad-very:

All Caps? Next time try finger paints. Can we buy these stickers anywhere? I'm sure somewhere the union officials are selling the left over stickers for pocket money.

menotyou

bella amicizia
This was a joke much like the Teamsters as a whole. It was the perfect day for UPS. All the crappy, worthless workers called off. Can you all schedule another one of these next week? Let's shoot for Thursdays.
If that is so. why were there managers who refused to allow employees to wear those stickers? They weren't laughing.

UPSSOCKS

If that is so. why were there managers who refused to allow employees to wear those stickers? They weren't laughing.

Anything new at UPS makes people nervous. I wasn't mad when I first learned of the little stunt, I just thought it was stupid. Then I saw the call off list and became elated. I actually wore one of the stickers for the remainder of the day. I would like to organize a UPS day again.

Griff

That sticker should make you proud. You paid for it. Lot's of people feel proud when they where stickers, mostly first graders but there's no law no that sets an age limit on sticker pride. Power to the people!!!!

That would almost be funny if it wasn't coming from a UPS manager. Your entire day and career revolves around acronyms, initialism, finger pointing, trickledown accountability, basic arithmetic and irrelevant metrics. You really need to reevaluate your analysis on who is being juvenile.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
That would almost be funny if it wasn't coming from a UPS manager. Your entire day and career revolves around acronyms, initialism, finger pointing, trickledown accountability, basic arithmetic and irrelevant metrics. You really need to reevaluate your analysis on who is being juvenile.

He isn't a manager. He's a fraud.

hypocrisy

Banned
Everybody should follow UPS safety methods and hydrate regularly throughout the day. To do so you will need a water jug.

Plaster that water jug with the stickers.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Everybody should follow UPS safety methods and hydrate regularly throughout the day. To do so you will need a water jug.

Plaster that water jug with the stickers.

Problem is that no one outside of UPS would notice or care ... that's the dilemma.

Nimnim

The Nim

[video=youtube;vxxQS5LJi9w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxxQS5LJi9w[/video]

UPSSOCKS

Much like a pre-school teacher.. I rest my case.

kingOFchester

Problem is that no one outside of UPS would notice or care ... that's the dilemma.

true, However I do know that a lot of businesses do care about the service they are getting, which isn't what it use to be do to all the cut routes that not only affect our production but the level of service we use to supply.