Unfair Production Standards

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Are you not a upser?

I am a UPS'er and know this is not the same company that was pumping out mgmt millionaires like in the past. Our present CEO did not come from the UPS ranks, he is a hired gun and IIRC the first CEO to be brought in from outside.

You have a lot to learn and you will see the more you know, the more you realize you don't know (like most everything else in life) .

Upser08

you unloaded for 3 months and then was suckered into a demotion.

in 28 years I have learned the REAL reasons people go into management. they can't do our job, don't like hard physical work, have inferiority complexes, hate the world and want to make everyone as miserable as they are, hungry for power, was bullied in school , have daddy or mommy issues, or finally ....are of high intelligence and want to make a difference and help the people and company prosper. ( a low % at ups )

I want to help me prosper maroon! Which will in turn help the company in a small way. As far as doing hard physical labor, I loved unloading and loading and sorting. I lost 20 lbs doing it it was great, but its mindless work that you are surely qualified for. I wanted to take the next step toward a CAREER not some bs part time heavy lifting job. Pt management was the next step. Ft will be the next step after that. It must feel good to know your limits, and I guess lifting heavy :censored2: is your limit, so good for you. Have your pt sup read this to you since obviously you strayed away from intelligent part of life to pursue a career slinging packages. Labels up.

Upser08

in 28 years I have learned the REAL reasons people go into management. they can't do our job, don't like hard physical work, have inferiority complexes, hate the world and want to make everyone as miserable as they are, hungry for power, was bullied in school , have daddy or mommy issues, or finally ....are of high intelligence and want to make
a difference and help the people and company prosper. ( a low % at ups )[/QUOTE

I want to help me prosper! Which will in turn help the company in a small way. As far as doing hard physical labor, I loved unloading and loading and sorting. I lost 20 lbs doing it it was great, but its mindless work! I wanted to take the next step toward a CAREER not some part time heavy lifting job. Pt management was the next step. Ft will be the next step after that. It must feel good to know your limits, and I guess lifting heavy ---- is your limit. Labels up.

Griff

in 28 years I have learned the REAL reasons people go into management. they can't do our job, don't like hard physical work, have inferiority complexes, hate the world and want to make everyone as miserable as they are, hungry for power, was bullied in school , have daddy or mommy issues, or finally ....are of high intelligence and want to make

I want to help me prosper! Which will in turn help the company in a small way. As far as doing hard physical labor, I loved unloading and loading and sorting. I lost 20 lbs doing it it was great, but its mindless work! I wanted to take the next step toward a CAREER not some part time heavy lifting job. Pt management was the next step. Ft will be the next step after that. It must feel good to know your limits, and I guess lifting heavy ---- is your limit. Labels up.

This guy is hilarious. He's the new breed of perpetual on-car supervisor. Never did the job, but talk about the job as if they were the best in the world. You think the unload and loading trucks is heavy lifting? Pretty funny stuff.

Griff

In regards to Unfair Production Standards, I hope everyone remembers how they have been treated for the last few years when the next contract rolls around.

I'm voting no for any contract that doesn't have MUCH stronger language regarding production harassment, intimidation, telematics and excessive overtime. Judging from the monthly meetings and talking with people -- there are A LOT of pissed off hourlies. What blows my mind is the company is even pissing off the drivers that give them free labor and murder themselves everyday to get back at 3pm. At least in years prior they left those guys alone, even they are fed up with the BS. It should be very interesting next couple of years, to say the least.

over9five

Staff member
In regards to Unfair Production Standards, I hope everyone remembers how they have been treated for the last few years when the next contract rolls around.

I'm voting no for any contract that doesn't have MUCH stronger language regarding production harassment, intimidation, telematics and excessive overtime. Judging from the monthly meetings and talking with people -- there are A LOT of pissed off hourlies. What blows my mind is the company is even pissing off the drivers that give them free labor and murder themselves everyday to get back at 3pm. At least in years prior they left those guys alone, even they are fed up with the BS. It should be very interesting next couple of years, to say the least.

Here's what will actually happen:

Six months before we vote, they will back off on production, bring in coffee and donuts, have some cook-outs. 80% of the dumb Teamsters will fall for this and vote yes. Then, right back to where they left off.

Just sayin....

Tim Eagle

i think you will have to drive for 30 days before ft. lifting is the easy part....

Upser08

This guy is hilarious. He's the new breed of perpetual on-car supervisor. Never did the job, but talk about the job as if they were the best in the world. You think the unload and loading trucks is heavy lifting? Pretty funny stuff.

Yeah because driving a truck is considered heavy lifting! What a joke. It must suck to hate your job as much as you do. I actually feel bad for you.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
From our Terms of Service:

2.) Discussion can be animated, which is fine, but we do not welcome personal attacks, on- or off-board. It is inappropriate to say anything on a discussion board about any individual or entity that you would not be prepared to say to them face-to-face.

It is fine to disagree with a different viewpoint, but please limit this to challenging the idea and not make your comments a personal challenge or make derogatory personal comments about individuals or their choices or circumstances, which disparage their ideas, opinions, their occupation or their situation. The latter is considered to be a flame and will not be tolerated.

Griff

Yeah because driving a truck is considered heavy lifting! What a joke. It must suck to hate your job as much as you do. I actually feel bad for you.

You do realize all the packages that your "union grunts" load into trucks actually have to be driven to locations and physically delivered to people, right?

Riddle me this, Einstein, what do you think is more difficult: A) Carrying a 100lbs box from a slide into the back of a truck 3-14feet from the slide OR B) Carrying the same exact 100lbs box up 3 floors of steps to apartments with no elevators. Go ask your "superior" and come back and tell us all what he/she said you should say since we all know you can't think for yourself, let alone speak for yourself.

Last edited by a moderator:

bigblu 2 you

You do realize all the packages that your "union grunts" load into trucks actually have to be driven to locations and physically delivered to people, right?

Riddle me this, Einstein, what do you think is more difficult: A) Carrying a 100lbs box from a slide into the back of a truck 3-14feet from the slide OR B) Carrying the same exact 100lbs box up 3 floors of steps to apartments with no elevators. Go ask your "superior" and come back and tell us all what he/she said you should say since we all know you can't think for yourself, let alone speak for yourself.
im going wit b....touche'

Last edited by a moderator:
A

anonymous6

Here's what will actually happen:

Six months before we vote, they will back off on production, bring in coffee and donuts, have some cook-outs. 80% of the dumb Teamsters will fall for this and vote yes. Then, right back to where they left off.

Just sayin....

has anyone thought that maybe the co is doing this on purpose to force a strike? they did exit polls in '97 and the majority of hourlies stupidly replied that they couldn't stay out another couple weeks.

just saying....